Introducing Syntakt

So track1 can play a different digital machine per step, and track9 do the same for the analogs?

1 Like

seems like the new modifier idea could possibly develop in future updates. lots of scope for more creative performance controls with them.

I donā€™t see a mention of ā€œmachine locksā€ in the manual, but perhaps someone who has actually used one can comment. [Edit: see ā€œSound Locksā€, page 42.]

2 Likes

You know when neutral gets on your nervesā€¦ :innocent:

That is very true, its a shame for such an instrument that the hihat engine is so lackluster. That there is noworkaround here to exchange the sound here is really a problem Ok the noise engine is the workaround. But a real missed oportunity here as HH is with Kick the most important sound.

1 Like

What about some chiptune?

41 Likes

THIS is what Iā€™ve been waiting for

2 Likes

I asked about this earlier in the thread but it was so fast moving thenā€¦ Hopefully someone can answer now. Iā€™m especially interested for the analog machines.

Iā€™m guessing the answer is no. I donā€™t see it in the manual. M:C has it, AR does not. [Edit: wrong, the answer is yes, see below.]

1 Like

I get a lot of mileage out of the metallic hat and cymbal machines, and I think here they get closest yet to 606 style hats.

But for those who thatā€™s still not enough (TR-909 hats were samples anyway) you can use the digital Alloy HH instead, which does sound different than M:Cā€™s hats, especially when you modulate it.
And you can use Track 12 for cowbell, utility/noise, midi, etc.). I find myself layering the analog hats, digital hats, and noise, with lots of modulation there is plenty of capability. Not as easy as loading up a sample, though.

But I get it, Iā€™m super picky about hats too. Rarely are synthesized hats from any machine pleasing to me. 606/AcidlabDrumatix are about the only ones I love dry. TT-606 I had to run through a Moog drive pedal. I especially dislike Arturia and MFB hats. Thereā€™s no accounting for taste. Iā€™m just glad itā€™s got 12 tracks for layering.

9 Likes

Pg 42, 9.10.2 Sound Locks:
You can change a trackā€™s sound to another sound (that uses the same voice type) > from the Sound pool on any individual sequencer step.

Assuming itā€™s like the AR, you pick a Sound that fits the track, and it plays, regardless of which Machine produces the Sound. My further assumption is that ā€œsame voice typeā€ means one of (Analog|HiHat|Digital). I ought to read the manual more deeply but I canā€™t be bothered :wink:

4 Likes

Huangs video is very good also. The modifier ā€œtracksā€ from all appearances seem wonderful.

2 Likes

Good, thank you, I will edit my earlier comment to avoid confusion.

1 Like

Yeah. Iā€™ve got a enough theory to have an idea of ā€˜what might be goodā€™ but Iā€™m useless at remembering the keys :man_shrugging:

I need a nice chart. Or tattoos on the inside of my left arm.

Iā€™m surprised you have time for music what with your search to avenge your wife

3 Likes

3 Likes

Thank God you got that reference or things could have gotten awkward REALLY fast!

5 Likes

This is why me asking, it would be amazing :wink:

Can anyone with the machine verified it? :wink:

Any chances to parameter lock different machines along the same track? Iā€™m interested in both cases, abalog and digital.