Introducing Syntakt

Can’t stand Huang.

1 Like

ok.

I get that. But his vid on this thing is good.

I am very excited to hear this through some heat because… reasons. But yea, it’s a neat little THRU machine of sorts!

Ok, maybe @AdamJay or someone who already has a Syntakt can answer this.

Can you record Modifiers 3 and 4 and then change the modifier target and record new modifiers? or If you change the modifier destination does it apply the same amount of “modification” to the new target? Can you P-lock the destinations on the Modifier track? Am I totally confused?

1 Like

Your YT channel is insane. Stunned. That Syntakt video is awesome!

3 Likes

Lovely gnarly, blippy, and dubby tracks there Adam :heart:

1 Like
1 Like

Thanks.

1 Like

Similarly there are a lot of clickbait angsty “APPLE IS OVER” articles every product release.

1 Like

As I understand it from the manual, when you record with modifiers, you are essentially saving trigs with those settings to the sequencer. So it’s like a shortcut to adding p-locked trigs. So yes, you could record and then change the modifier settings but your originally recorded trigs would remain intact.

4 Likes

Aaaah! So they’re a potential workaround for not having velocity-sensitive pads, and a controlled way to add variations. I think it’s great. I often find myself adding levels of a modulation. People on the AR Feature Requests thread have been hoping for a 12-step version of this for ages.

1 Like

Thanks for looking into that :wink:

This was my understanding and it’s pretty rad. Probably the most interesting feature to me. I didn’t like the retrig methodology on the DT. I thought the model series made retrigs very playable, albeit with pads. This sort of takes that playability and provides additional functionality.

3 Likes

Cool, I hope you all are right. This is I think one of the best features of the syntakt if so! (And if not- the modifiers seem kinda weak!)

Does anyone know how many tracks are available going out over Class Compliant USB? Dreaming of a Power Couple situation with my Maschine+ :upside_down_face:

on modifiers retrigs. At 28min in loopop’s video he points out that they don’t work on the running sequencer sound. Or, did he intend to say that it didn’t retrig the track sound?
basically, say you’re running a sequence of an FM track in mono, would you be able to retrig that track with the modifier buttons while its playing?

$1799 in Australia

A single stereo output stream. These are your options as to which tracks are included:

4 Likes

WTF?
seriously, if you take the US RRprice and add GST it should be around au$1,375