Introducing Model:Samples

That sweep of the drum notes across the sequencer was brilliant.

Really makes me believe that there are a lot of cool tricks that can be invented in this machine

3 Likes

I think if you put to manny chips together it my blow the box upart so they are very careful at Elektron not to do it…

I heard my A4 whispering something about a red haired stepchild :wink:

4 Likes

Baseck makes every piece of gear sound amazing, so glad he does most of the perfect circuit videos

Figures, I could probably play baseball inside my digitakt there’s so much room

1 Like

ya…well done.

Yep. It would be awesome if you could play p-locks manually.

Not sure why you suggested using the ms interface as an equivalent to op1 separate stems export if you weren’t implying it had 6 channels but fine.

That would certainly be a nifty feature!

Plus reading the manual just gets me confused, and knowing less. As for instance.

hmm… one though is no sound locks? that is a pretty major difference but maybe it will stem some new creativity? like writing melodic tracks with drums that you shorten into loops when you want to bring them in? and using a filter envelope to make a chord sample into something more rhythmic for a bit. Lots a of potential still and a battery pack incoming… I think I would quite enjoy one, it might even get me to consider keeping the digitakt as my studio sampler and it as a gigging device.

its look reminds me of this beauty

I feel like it and one nice keyboard synth would be a great minimal rig.

2 Likes

The price is everything here. The prices on Elektron’s web shop show that the M:S is intended to be less than 60% of the price of the DT. When the street prices reflect that ratio, then it will make sense.

For now, if you can get a DT for a hundred quid or so more, and get 8 internal plus 8 midi tracks, plus sampling inputs, a metal chassis etc, it’s not going to happen for the Samples.

4 Likes

That’s how I roll, man. Nothing like an icy cold bath, steam room, sauna, and then sitting in the snack bar area with a machine, some headphones and korean food…

2 Likes

10 posts were split to a new topic: Gaming off-topic

Sounds cool … on the other hand, i am more like an Elektron box, not good at multitasking :see_no_evil:

Does anybody know is the case made of plastic or metal?

Well, you can always work around that by combining multiple samples into one file and plocking the start point. But, yeah, that needs some preparation on a computer (due to no resampling) and more work using it.

1 Like

Looks like it’s being jammed straight into a computer or tablet device here. Check out that cool looking box!

6 Likes

Hmmm not really, I’d rather have my $170 Circuit with two synths than this.

6 Likes