Introducing Model:Samples

A looper! Just what I needed!

Wait, a looper that has no inputs?..I don’t have any use for that kind of pooper.

Props for class compliant USB audio though…but again, without having audio inputs I don’t have any use for that either.

It’s TOO simplified. Too expensive. Digitone and Takt are only slightly more expensive, but megatons more useful(still breeze to use). Digitone have midi tracks too, but they don’t eat internal tracks, AND, that can control numerois parameters of the external devices.

5 Likes

You said pooper, hehe

I wish Elektron will make an subtile alliance with STYLEFLIP https://www.styleflip.com/style for the machine’s printing patterns

final5c423782cb33c

4 Likes

Dr2mb3_XQAUYS9P

8 Likes

Aye but isn’t it 6 tracks samples and midi combined? So add more than a couple of synths on your phone and you’ve hamstrung your drums on the M:S :frowning:

From the manual pg 39 about headphone and main out audio:

11.4.2 INT OUT
Sets if Model:Samples sends audio to the MAIN OUT and HEADPHONES OUT or not.
OFF sends no audio.
AUT sends audio unless you are sending and receiving audio over USB. If so, the Model:Samples detects this and sends no audio to MAIN OUT and HEADPHONES OUT.
ON sends audio.

So the part about: … unless you are sending and receiving audio over USB,

This could be read as:
“send audio from the MS and receiving on you computer”
or as
“sending and receiving audio with your MS”

If it receives audio (that is digital audio via USB) then perhaps it could sample it directly, rather than only receiving samples, by the transfer of audio files using Transfer.

I somehow don’t think the MS can receive digital audio over USB. But i’m confused by what i read in the manual. I can’t (as yet) find more about this in the manual.

Any thoughts.

No grafix so cool

Change shirt and stop ties !

better to go with timeless classic than declarative arrogance.

all of the above invite stickers!

2 Likes

I find it a little bizarre that in 2018 £410 only gets you 6 x mono sample tracks. Not sure if anyone except for elektron would get away with that :wink: No timestrech or poly or fx per track so I’m not really sure where the cpu tax is coming from where it’s so much that they couldn’t have at least stretched to 8 samples… I guess the per track filter and drive algos must be pretty hardcore?

7 Likes

Yeah, I don’t see the appeal with that at all, but each to their own! :slight_smile:

Wishful thinking, but maybe those circles in the side open up and let you slip a battery in??

the big news is that Elektron has a new line of machines. maybe you don’t need or like this one, but when they make one with a synth engine or dsp-driven drums, you might.

4 Likes

Digitakt with 6 tracks but more intuitive

Indeed several machines expected reality or false

i am hoping that the omission of audio inputs only means that there’s a multi-input Model:FX with knob per function + cross fader on the way :star_struck:

2 Likes

In my experience you can do just fine BD, Sn, HH. That’s 3 parts rhythm, 3 parts music. I assume this thing only sequences mono notes? If chords can be sent that would be pretty compelling

DT = more intuitive than OT. MS = more intuitive than DT…All other companies are adding more complex features while Elektron are taking theirs away :wink: Kidding. Can see some appeal in this but it should be reflected a little more in the price imho…

1 Like

Printing and cutting vinyl for the MS should be pretty easy. You would probably have to do two pieces because of the ridge that runs around the controls. Or you could just do the part around the outside, which would look nice too.

1 Like

that was my thought – Model:Analog, Model:FM, etc. may be on the way

I think it’s for letting an iPhone/Pad have an audio out, Which I would totally love, but without inputs it’s also a dead end for an iOS interface.