Introducing Model:Samples

17 Likes

We’re excited to announce Model:Samples, a six track sample based groovebox packing Elektron superpowers into a sleek, lightweight, and accessible package.

Compact in size, massive in sound. This easy-to-grasp six track sample based groovebox is perfect for entering the world of music making. The sound engine uses high-quality digital samples and the device comes with 300 hand selected sounds from Splice’s renowned content library. The samples range from familiar kicks, snares, and hi-hats to exotic, never-before-heard alternatives. Of course there is plenty of space for your own sounds too. And thanks to the creative possibilities of the sound engine, you can easily personalize any sample until it sounds just the way you want it.

Rhythm is a Breeze

An Elektron first, this machine offers a complete set of tactile controls, with one function per knob. To shape your sound; just grab and twist. Then unleash your music spontaneously using the six tough, velocity sensitive pads. Record your every move live, or punch in your creation one step at a time using the superb Elektron sequencer. All this in a class compliant plug-and-play machine weighing in at under one kilogram, but packing the snarling sonic power you’ve come to expect from the ragged Swedish shoreline.

Model:Samples key features:

• Control All lets you twist your sounds to oblivion. Then use Reload to take you back to where you started

• Use Parameter Locks to automate parameters. Each step can have a totally different sound

• Load six samples at once - just like a kit. Great when you have made a Pattern with Parameter Locks, LFOs etc… Load six new samples to instantly experiment and come up with unique and unexpected results

• Write basslines and melodies using Chromatic Mode

• New Chance parameter. Chance determines the possibility whether the sequencer steps on a track are triggered or not. Combining Chance with the Control All functionality can lead to many interesting results and happy accidents

• Record sequences with or without quantization. Steps can be micro-timed with individual Swing control per track

• Individual Step Length per track

• Individual Tempo Multiplier per track

• Class compliant USB audio 2.0

Model:Samples specifications:

• 6 Audio tracks (all of which may be used as MIDI tracks as well)

• 6 × Velocity sensitive pads

• 96 Projects

• 96 Patterns per Project

• 1 × Sample playback engine per track

• 1 × Resonant multimode filter per track

• 1 × Assignable LFO per track

• Delay and reverb send FX

• Elektron sequencer up to 64 steps with unique length and scale settings per track

• Real-time or grid recording of notes and parameters

• 64 MB sample memory

• 1 GB storage

• Class compliant USB audio 2.0

• 1 × 1/4" Headphones output

• 2 × 1/4" Balanced main outputs

• 1 × Hi-speed (micro) USB 2.0 port

• 1 × 3.5 mm standard audio minijack (TRS) for MIDI In

• 1 × 3.5 mm standard audio minijack (TRS) for MIDI Out/Thru

• 2 × slots for attaching Powerhandle BP-1 (battery pack to be released at a later date)

Dimensions:

W270 × D180 × H40 mm (10.63 × 7.09 × 1.58") (including knobs and rubber feet)

Weight: approximately 0.814 kg

Pricing:

Model:Samples is 449 USD/460 EUR/410 GBP and will be available for purchase in February, either from the Elektron website or from retailers carrying the Elektron range of products

Come see Model:Samples at NAMM, Hall B, booth 10102.

Pictures, full specs and pricing are available at Elektron.se

13 Likes

congratulations, well done

2 Likes

Congratulations Elektron! Looks like a fun device!

2 Likes

minus one presumably !! :wink:

6 Likes

In honor of the Model.

3 Likes

I dig this little box a lot. It gives me MPC vibes to be a lightning-fast jam box to have fun on. Plus, if the model:Samples main goal is mostly percussion stuff, I can keep those sounds on this little guy and make room on the DT for more intense/stranger samples.

Btw @Ess, Do those stickers seen in the Dataline demo come with the Model:Samples?

2 Likes

Tuuuuuunnneeeee

As much as my first instinct was to dislike it, partially because I want to see new versions of the Monomachine & Machinedrum, I’m curious to see it in users hands.

8 Likes

So, pricing… The presale on that American site is $399, which would be close to £300 (and this seems a reliable price difference if you look at the DT pricing) but the Elektron price is £410.

Anyone know if this’ll change, or if it’s par-for-course for the US pricing to be a lot lower? Would be genuinely interested in this for ~£300, but less so if it’s only a hundred off the DT price.

1 Like

Same here. I suspect this will be many a person’s first Elektron device.

4 Likes

Ive always fancied a portable box for having at work for a lunch/break time jam… mmmmm tempted.

Few toys to buy first tho and not enuf ££££

It’s normal price differential.
Look at the prices of all other products sold direct by Elektron.

2 Likes

Initially quite underwhelmed by the design of this, but if the standard Elektron knobs can be retrofitted it will make it at least 50% aesthetically better.

1 Like

when it comes to tech the US $ value is always the same in £ value - no idea why but if you see $1400 usually £1400

Still waiting for the old form factor… hope for some kind of an MNM & MD new combined breed

2 Likes

The size is ideal too. I often want something extra next to my Rytm MKII, but my pelicase is filled up with other gear. Bringing this in a backpack would be a no brainer.

2 Likes

Sigh. I just wanted a new Machinedrum.

14 Likes

Digging the knob per function

5 Likes

Fair enough then!