Introducing Model:Samples

Hot damn I can’t wait to get my hands on this thing! Plus it’s got a punch of orange in the design; a color I love a lot. I travel a bit too, so this will be perfect for jams on the go rather than lugging around a Digi box.

2 Likes

Just… for my understanding what’s the difference between

• 64 MB sample memory

and

• 1 GB storage?

20% VAT is going to be part of it. The US price doesn’t include tax.

1 Like

Is this an OP-Z killer?

2 Likes

the sample memory is for your active project for the sample pool you use.
the 1 GB Storage is the place where all samples can be stored. you need to use the sample memory to load samples out of the 1 GB storage :wink:

2 Likes

No.

Novation Circuit Groovebox killer.

10 Likes

imo very much so.

YMMV

the most exciting thing about this box is the battery power grip, the velocity sensitive track pads (woohoo!), and just the overall formfactor- kinda reminds me of a tenkeyless or old commodore keyboard smashed together with a roland doctor rhythm

not sure if i will rush to pre-order, as my sample playback/mangling bases are covered but I do see myself purchasing one at a latter date.

3 Likes

The name looks like a new line of products, is‘n it?

3 Likes

looks like fun!

ahem is this coming to DT too?

24 Likes

Thx :slight_smile:

I like it, just the thing for minimal jams combined with my ipad (class compliant audio interface is the seller there)

One question, for that workflow, is there a plan to make an iOS compatible transfer tool? Or will it work as a drive?

I love seeing new Elektron boxes, but I am also relieved again that this is not the one for me.

19 Likes

But will it have OverBridge 2.0 support?

No, it will not work as drive.

No Overbridge support, but it will work as class compliant USB audio 2.0 device (just plug and play).

4 Likes

64mb project memory. This would be your active pool of samples. The 1gb is storage for the entire device.

2 Likes
3 Likes

It’s pretty cute. I see the strategy and think it will do really well. Congrats Elektron!

3 Likes

:cry:

2 Likes

Possibly not many people’s 2nd/3rd/4th… though which is a shame. At £410 I feel like they could have squeezed a little extra in. Even if only sampling inputs and cv/gate out. Oh well… my wallet rejoices.

2 Likes