Introducing Digitakt

Please don’t repeat your own questions in the thread :thup:

4 Likes

i bet it won’t.

Sure! Just eager to know. :thup:

1 Like

Hey friend, don’t loose too much time on this : what these addicts crave for is a manual, that’s all
:smile:
You could play Q&A a whole day, thirst would still be there ^^
Thank you a lot for your patience and dedication, dear !

5 Likes

In one of the Digitakt videos I heard mention of a Bit Reducer or some sort as one of the effects to alter the frequency along with delay and reverb.

A post was merged into an existing topic: DnB DT off-topic side discussion

Apols if this has already been covered somewhere - but will Overbridge Premium be usable on more than one system? Hoping it will be OK for main PC and laptop use (using the same DT).

If it doesn’t have a song mode and it doesn’t do this Direct Jump thing, then how do I make a cohesive switch between patterns without just making everything up as I go along?

IE I sketch away and make a few patterns, then I want to play them in a sequence I program in advance, just like in a ton of iPad apps I have. How do I do dis?

Forgive my ignorance, I’ve never even seen an Elektron box, let alone own one (yet).

Direct jump means jumping to another pattern, mid-pattern, so if playback is occurring and you are on beat 3, you could immediately jump to another pattern in the middle of the bar: beat 3. The analog rytm does this.

The standard pattern switching will work… at the end of a pattern loop, the new pattern will play. The machine drum does this.

Was really hoping for direct jump in DT, as it makes the unit very playable in real time.

5 Likes

Thanks for clarification on this. Are we able to program the pattern changes in advance, or am I describing the song mode we’re not getting?

I think Simon said previously that the Digitakt itself will be some sort of “dongle” with OB Premium so I guess the license will be tied to the unit.

I got to say I hope they will deliver a solid and stable OB with Digitakt now that they charge €80 for it on top of €770 for the unit itself.

Sounds like the final implementation is yet to be fully revealed. But it sounds like some kind of pattern chaining will work, were you could queue up multiple patterns in a row

1 Like

Hey @Ess, any comments about having tempo multipliers per track? :pray:

Mhhh… ima look around for that! Thanks!

Thanks, I do remember something about that. I do hope so, the ability to go from studio to location antics with DT is a big part of the appeal for me.
And yes, if the paid-for OB is bunk it will be a deal-breaker here. I don’t expect Elektron to let that happen… :slight_smile:

Yes, you’ll be able to do this…

2 Likes

DT is like a Pokemon that has not yet reached its fully evolved form.

4 Likes

Simon said they’re working on a nice ‘chains’ mode. Hold tight and all will be revealed… What they come up with might even be more flexible/faster/better for you than the ‘song mode’ you have in mind :wink:

3 Likes

Now they cannot accept low quality non functioning software by saying they are a hardware company

viability for the win

DK is like a superlative funk machine

1 Like