Introducing Digitakt

individual Tracks can’t have the Effects included … those would have to be in an separate effects return channel. Or on the Master.
If the individual Tracks are not stereo - wich I think is the case for bandwidth reasons - they won’t have panning. Wich I understand could be a drawback for some users.

But I don’t know. … just guessing here

2 Likes

I am pretty sure that you can add your own delay and reverb to the mix itb after you track everything out.

Yes this is what I’m worried about, it needs a fx bus channel too for overbridge.
Adding itb won’t do because if I am recording a set from the digitakt to DAW I am going to be adjusting the fx to do the cool build ups etc, all that cool stuff Dataline was doing in the superbooth demos won’t be recordable through overbridge.
This might have just killed all my excitement for the digitakt :frowning:

Really hope there is an effects bus for overbridge… going to ruin the whole point of the performance side of the digitakt for me if there is no way to track out all the cool delay and reverb tweaks to the DAW mix down.
What a let down :pensive:

There’s a separate fx send track in OB for the Rytm. I expect it will be the same for the Digitakt.

EDIT: Sorry, there is no separate FX send track as it is now. What you can do is, internally, route the tracks so that the Main out will be ONLY the FX. Hopefully this routing will be a feature in the Digitakt too.

4 Likes

It’s pretty simple, you just take the individual tracks out of the master, and then the master stream becomes your stereo FX return (aka FX bus) , which goes to OB as its own stereo stream.

A4 also the same way.

2 Likes

Yes, this is what I meant!

1 Like

Ok I have never used overbridge, so when the spec on the digitakt page says 8 ch to overbridge it isn’t including the master ch?

often limitations are a good thing - your requested feature makes totally sense when they advertise DAW integration - but what if you just record the sum with effects and all that ? The huge advantage is you have something finished. Thats how I always work. Maybe worth considering for you as well?

I would calm down now and wait 3 weeks and see then released product.
and even if this wouldn’t be included in the first release it would be typical for elektron adding huge features later

I would almost guarantee you will be able to record the master channel out into OB. Will we be able to internally route the tracks so 1-8 DO NOT come out of the master channel? That I can’t answer. On the Rytm that routing is done inside of the machine not in OB/DAW.

Either way, you will be able to record your performance with FX onto a stereo file through OB. That, I would be willing to bet any amount of money on.

1 Like

It’s a send FX, so you can’t possibly capture the FX ‘return’ per track (all tracks feed FX)

If you want FX on a track you’ll have to solo it out the stereo mains

All you’d potentially lose from a track is the sequenced pan information (if any) … on the assumption it’s 8 x 48:24 mono individual tracks (+2 for main) … I doubt they’ll be busting a gut to make it stereo tracks just to carry pan imho

edit: this duplicates an earlier reply

2 Likes

I’m officially obsessed, it’s true.

Any word on direct pattern jump?

thanks Simon, apologies for going over an old question.

much appreciated

Confirmed as ‘no’ somewhere here, official.
Maybe in an update hopefully as pattern based BPM coupled with direct jump would be menthol and eucalyptus.

I reckon DT’s gonna be a jungle programmers dream. It’s pretty much a modern-day S950

2 Likes

5 Likes

For real. Direct Jump is the absolute balls (and left off to be an OT2 exclusive ;))

Big ups to @Ess who’s being an absolute angel with all you crazy GASsers. :raised_hands::clap:

8 Likes

Does anyone know if a frequency shifter would be implimented?