DnB DT off-topic side discussion

Love listening to proper, PROPER old school d’n’b slowed down, check them cuts out to make the breaks!

Super sharp shooter

4 Likes

I was clubbing when super sharp shooter shooter was fresh out!

2 Likes

Jump around if you have the stamina!

Can’t beat that mid 90s d’n’b…

Junglist Massive! https://youtu.be/-g6Bcenxy-4

2 Likes

We’re not gonna die!

d’n’b killed old school jungle and for that I will never forgive it. jungle was so much better. hardcore amen ragga especially :slight_smile:

1 Like

Agreed. Jungle was so dark and moody. DnB is just heavy in a different way.

Hardcore was cool while it lasted, some cool releases in the early years. By the time jungle had turned to DnB though hardcore had passed it best. That late 90s hardcore is awful!

2 Likes

Didn’t like the ragga or MC stuff myself, but really liked the darkstep, unsure about jump up but then tech step brought it right back round to Tekno again!

Got to be careful here but let’s just say I have some ‘acquaintances’ that had that whole scene cornered/locked down and believe me I heard some stories!
There is one bloke that is talentless and ripped his mate off BAAAAD and how he still has legs and teeth is beyond me.
Again though my :zipper_mouth_face:

Gabba screwed hardcore (you know da score).

Keep it on topic in the big popular threads please, there’s a lot of footfall there … ps: Try to keep the language relaxed and welcoming for prospective new members

1 Like

totally agreed :slight_smile:

Sorry boss!
Get a bit lax with the profanity of a Friday! Hah!
I’ll edit.

1 Like

indeed!

one of my fav mixtapes from the Chicago scene:

2 Likes

ODB in the d’n’b…

BnB

…lots of sweating back in the days … :grin:
i actually ended up trying to make some D&B lately as i needed ‘directions’ to follow to avoid stagnation but mh…i’m still a long way from what good D&B is and sounds to me and it’s actually hard for me to stick to a genre…
…and yess, it is nice to listen to slowed down D&B @rotallytuined :relaxed:

1 Like

Yeah whack a slab of wax on the old 1210s and slow it down, really get those chops from the hip hop!
And when you think of the equipment used it’s really quite something.

Bro thank you SO much for posting this. I was racking my brain trying to figure out who we’d listen to as underagers pretending we were at a rave in my friends closet with a strobe light and bad spices.

Why did the lion get lost on the way home?
Because jungle is massif

3 Likes

As far as I remember the Jungle brings the same fresh wind than the rap. Early 90’s were the period of creation and neo-freedom brings by samplers (with si little memory !).
The things I like nowadays is the quality and power of the sound. But it lakes a bit of adventure and such fresh wind.
I’m not those old guys that pretend that it was better before. It was just different, and I really happy with a lot of productions I ear. Just there are less possibility to surprise us, lot of musical experiences had been made. Today we need a gap that will propuls us to the future. This gap will be brought by music instrument (like in 80 & early 90’s) that will change the way to practice and create. I’m just waiting, and have fun with my gear.
:slight_smile:
Edit : Thx for the time machine, you gave me a “madeleine” for my evening.

1 Like