Introducing Analog Heat MKII

Yes they are selling i as enabled

Thereā€™s nothing wrong with that. :panda:

1 Like

Iā€™ve head rumours thereā€™s a new Analog Heat comming. Anybody with any info on that one, when itā€™ll be out, whatā€™s newā€¦?
Thanx in advance to the answering machines :slight_smile:

Joa

The MKII is the new Analog Heat.
Was announced on July 5th, two months ago. (for reference, check the very first post in this thread, as another mod moved your post here)

1 Like

Oh, thanks alot.
How that one got past me ? Iā€™ll check it out.

joa

So hey guys!

I am seriously considering buying the AH. So now I have to decide between MKI and MKII

So iā€™ve done some research, and if iā€™m right the only difference is the screen and some minor upgrades to the circuitry. On the downside, thereā€™s nog overbridge for MK2 yet. On the other side, I read that overbridge on the MKI doesnā€™t work so good (latency, disconnecting etc).

Important questions for me:

1. What improvements to the circuitry are there in the MK2?
  2. What about overbridge on MKI? do you use it a lot? does it work good, and will it continue to be supported when overbridge 2.0 is out?

What would you choose now? MKI or MKII? ha or just wait and use soundtoys plugins :wink:

thanks for the tips and answers!

Decapitator and FabFilter Pro-Q :grinning:

1 Like

thanks for the tip, hopefully someone can answer my 2 questions too :wink:

Re question 1: no updates to circuitry. It was strictly a hardware update a la OT MKII.
The purpose seems to have been to unify the parts used in production.

2 Likes

Ok so this vid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qe9qaEvj7Zg
states that there is 1 difference, plugging in a mono source now splits to left and right, supposedly

1 Like

I canā€™t believe thereā€™s a Mk11 out already. It feels like they just released the Mk2.

2 Likes

Haha beat me to it :slight_smile:

I was really close to buying a Heat again, but the one thing that kept me from doing so is the inability to use its midi-out port to sequence external synths.

I briefly fancied the idea of a nice, compact setup consisting of my MacBook Pro hooked up to an AH while sequencing synths being recorded into it. Unfortunately, the AH is not capable of sending midi data from a DAW to its midi-out port though.

If the AH ever becomes capable of doing this, Iā€™d buy it. Itā€™s kinda crazy how such a seemingly trivial feature makes such a huge difference.

If you want midi to go from daw to ah to synth just go THRU ah to your other gear.

You can have OB and DIN going at same time i believe.

5 Likes

Ah, yes. That totally makes sense; thanks. I canā€™t believe I didnā€™t realize this sooner. Iā€™ve complained about this issue before too. I just might grab one later today now :grinning:

4 Likes

:thinking: what is the MIDI OUT port for, exactly?
Is this just to output knob values in case you control AH with an external controller?

1 Like

The AH can transmit MIDI clock according to its internal tempo (for its LFOs) and Program Change messages when it changes patches, as well as CC or NRPN messages from the knobs.

4 Likes

Oh, clock ! Of course, I should have thought of that. Thx Peter :thup:

1 Like