Introducing Analog Heat MKII

Finally got around to trying the MKII, after using the MKI frequently more or less since its launch.

I underestimated the differences. For someone who’s not using a DAW and no Overbridge, the new screen and visuals make a huge difference. I’m picking one up now. Found a good one at B-Stock price and will get a good deal on the MKI. I’m gonna have to call of Christmas for kids this year too, but they’re getting used to it so I think we’re good there.

5 Likes

It took them a while, but the estimable Tape Op magazine reviews the AH Mk II:

(they also only just reviewed the Keystep in the same issue…)

1 Like

Haha. Deadlines, what deadlines? We review what we want when we want. I’ll still read it tho :slight_smile:

1 Like

Tape Op is a uniquely great magazine, with some fascinating interviews, often with actual living legends of the recording world. Herb Alpert is in this issue too!

Subscriptions are also free, though sadly they only post physical copies to a US address, but the PDFs work just fine.

2 Likes

Good points although people are forced to leave behind perfectly good programs and computers when the companies stop updating the old systems , meanwhile the newer software [GAS plays a big role in this part] is designed to run on as modern a machine as possible with super fast CPU requirements and super vast storage needs.