Heat MKII Overbridge 2 Effects Loop

Hello! May I send a stereo output from Bitwig 3 via Overbridge 2 to Heat MKII - to be sent clean out of Heat MKII’s L/R analog outputs through another stereo effect such as hardware reverb, and then send the reverb’s output back into Heat MKII to be manipulated by it and recorded or played live in Bitwig 3 via Overbridge 2? If not, what exactly prevents this from being an option? Could such functionality be added with a Heat MKII OS update, or Overbridge 2 update? I tried playing with the settings, but I couldn’t get it to work in that way.

Also, I don’t really want to make an aggregate audio device in Mojave, but my primary soundcard is the Babyface Pro… would it even be possible to accomplish such an FX loop by making the Heat MKII an aggregate device in the OS?

Finally, I am a bit unsure of how to take advantage of the 4/4 - in/out of the Heat MKII when used with Overbridge 2. Maybe that is the hidden key to this, but I have never tapped into that functionality. What is the purpose of it? Is it only useful if I were to make the Heat MKII my primary soundcard? It seems strange… I am seeing a lot more I/O than 4/4 when I view the Heat MKII’s I/O in Ableton Live 10. I haven’t checked with Bitwig 3 yet. Is there any good explanation for that oddity?

2 Likes

Hey, I’m also interested by this. If someone have an answer…

1 Like