HW DEALS : Hardware on Sale [no private listings]

I was talking to a retailer of Rossum, and they said, at least when it came to modular stuff, that an order can be placed, but come invoice time prices are subject to change. so prices can go up anytime.

BUT if you pre-order something, paid in full, then you get it for the price you pre-ordered at. a deposit it just a hold, and is subject to the price hike.

I get it…but I dont like it.

2 Likes

2 years later I don’t care anymore – I just want the thing. Does anyone even remember what the deal was? :smiley: No idea what / who Rossum is … but did they as well delay their product for so long?

they ARE in fact delayed, due to part shortage.

Covid is so awesome. I can’t even get the Oatmeal or Yogurt I like. “temporarily unavailable” :frowning:

1 Like

Dude… OAT is short? Time to buy some land and do it on my own! Some hemp, oat and a cow for my own yogurt. Can’t be too complicated!

1 Like

HA HA HA…hard for me to pull that off in an apartment :rofl:
and with no money…a farm is out of reach for me. i’ll hit you up for product when you start to produce. MAYBE you could hire me as a farm hand. im quite handy and can easily learn and operate any heavy machinery. :+1:t6:

1 Like

We’ll see what happens in 2022.

You know this is coming because you did this to your fellow forum members many times, heh…

Osmose-specific talk should be continued here: Expressive E Osmose - #517 by PeteDorky

2 Likes

is the desktop version discontinued?

i can’t find it on Thomann; it says: ‘‘The product ASM Hydrasynth Desktop is regretfully no longer available.’’

Fwiw, Thomann always says that for either temporary or permanent out-of-stock.

3 Likes

This must have been very short-lived, as it’s back up to $1799 now.

but we don’t know which is it, temporary or permanent … so it might be permanently out of stock

Korg seems to be running a $100 off promo on the Opsix right now, however… B&H has an in-cart coupon that I initially thought was how they were applying the promo, but it’s actually on top of the manufacturer discount, bringing the price at checkout down to $650.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1601686-REG/korg_opsix_altered_fm_synthesizer.html

2 Likes

It seems like ever since Korg increased the MSRP of the opsix from $799 to $849, it has kind of constantly been on sale. I was an early adopter and lucked into it at $600 brand new, so while I could see the initial hesitation towards getting this synth at $800+, it’s a total no-brainer at $650 if you want it and can justify spending the money.

I’m worried though, that it isn’t doing what Korg wanted it to do and they’re going to bail on supporting it in favor of the Wave twins.

B&H and Proaudiostar both have some colors of the Korg MS-20 FS for $999. Seems I may have got one the last black ones, mine should be arriving within the hour :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

I’ve had an eye on it for awhile. I just saw a video on the 2.0 firmware update, which looks really nice - FX as an operator type! Hopefully this means Korg isn’t giving up on it just yet.

It is admittedly hard for me to justify as I do all my actual production in-the-box, and only use hardware for jamming / theoretical-future live performance… but if the Opsix is as much fun to play as it looks, I think I could consider it an investment in the latter.

Source Audio Collider is $280 (down from $350) in Perfect Circuit’s end-of-year sale.

4 Likes

Shure MV88 Condenser Mic for IOS is $119, down from $149 at several stores:

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/MV88--shure-mv88-digital-stereo-condenser-microphone-for-ios?utm_source=google&utm_medium=organicpla

https://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-audio/shure-motiv-mv88-ios-digital-stereo-condenser-microphone/j24292000000000?cntry=US&cur=USD&utm_content=J24292000000000--Shure%20Motiv%20MV88%20iOS%20Digital%20Stereo%20Condenser%20Microphone

Google will find you more stores

Not mine,… but a solid deal for a second hand MFB Tanzmaus (410EUR, Barcelona)

3 Likes

Not exactly a deal, but it appears that both the basic black Microfreak and the white Vocoder “limited” edition are back in stock at Amazon and Sweetwater.

1 Like

Maybe we need a “back in stock” thread? No shortage of material for it these days…!

1 Like

MoGear2022 :rofl:

4 Likes