Expressive E Osmose

From what I understand, they’ll be doing a special price fix for us with pre orders. I’m not really sure why they would change the web price as I would still expect import Vat to be charged regardless!

I wonder if their sales system just needs a going over to be able to display dollars, euros and pound prices?

1 Like

@J0n35y That’s how I understood from the info you obtained from them, although, as you say, it seems an odd move if it is exclusively increased for new UK buyers as they(new UK buyers) really will be paying the VAT twice.
@Jukka I’m super chuffed I got onboard early doors if they are good to their word and adjust our UK pre-order price accordingly, as it’ll work out just about half price of if I was buying now.

1 Like

@PekeDorty I’m really looking forward to this as well. I have made a pact with myself that this is the only gear purchase I will make in '21.
I’m going into a 7 week bio-secure bubble for work in a couple of weeks. It would have been absolutely incredible to be able to take the O with but that ain’t gunna happen. Anyhoo, all good things to those who wait, as they say…

1 Like

Are you talking about the January 25th Update ?
That said mid-April for launch production and first shipments, though it sounded like production will ramp up from that point. That update is a while back, so there should be more info soon.
Do you have other information ?

I’m expecting another update is about to drop.

I’m just working with faulty memory here. I thought I recalled someone somewhere saying June’s the new expected date, but don’t rely on me.

1 Like

Osmose road map update
Last January we received all the industrial parts of the first Osmoses. The parts were tested and assembled with the greatest care. The final results were very conclusive, and the quality of the parts once assembled in the final product functioned perfectly. We are currently working on the final industrial adjustments phase. Initially scheduled for February, we do not plan to finish this particularly crucial phase before the end of April, resulting in a few additional weeks of delay on the initial schedule. Here is the newly updated plan, and read on to learn of an exciting, never-before-announced feature for Osmose.
january > first industrial Osmose series {completed} complete review and quality control of this first industrial series february to april > industrial adjustments {still in process} preparation of the assembly line + managing the sourcing of electronic components* april to june > final industrial Osmose series final quality checks, operator training mid-june > launch of mass production and first shipments progressive shipment from China factory according to the ramp-up of production

* The global electronic components industry remains severely disrupted. While most of the uncertainties have been addressed and solved, there remain some that may still offset Osmose’s delivery (e.g. circuit boards/PCBA) . Our team is working hard to resolve them, and we will keep you promptly informed of all new developments in our future newsletter. new feature! For quite some time we have been telling you about a special feature that has not yet been revealed. Today we are delighted to share with you that Haken Audio's advances in the development between Osmose and the EaganMatrix audio engine have made it possible to integrate an exclusive feature previously only available on the Continuum Fingerboard: pressure-weighted portamento.
What does this mean? This is an amazing leverage of the refined pressure technology within each key of the Osmose keyboard. With this patented technology, an adjustable pitch interval between two notes on the keyboard allows a player to create a variable portamento between two notes, such that the pitch will dynamically glide between the notes as the finger pressure of fingers changes. Controlled pitch slides, slow, expressive glissando, and subtle-to-dramatic vibrato effects are immediately available now at your fingertips! Pressure weighted portamento is like the ultimate powerful performance pitch wheel, directly under your fingertips.

6 Likes

Do you work there ? :sweat_smile:
This is starting to get suspicious, haha

No ! I would have known about the new feature. But i do get psychic about things i’m really excited about and tuned into. I jumped on the Hydrasynth day one, for instance. I’ve done the psychic thing with good friends a lot, too.

But blipson also did some prediction too, saying June !

3 Likes

:sweat_smile: getting there…
June should come around fairly soon. Has been a long old haul!
Pressure weighted portamento - the feature I never knew I needed till now…
One downside of the Osmose is that every other keyboard you play after will seem really basic.
We’ll all be wiggling our fingers on the keys and wondering why it’s not making any difference.

1 Like

Haha, I was joking, but that was pretty impressive ! The day you wake up really excited about an Octatrack 2, dont hesitate to create a topic :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

September ! :innocent:

I hope, there will be a switch for real time decisions…

1 Like

@Jukka since you work for Expressive E ( :wink: ) could you share if there’s any plans for a 61+ key version?

That portamento feature seems awesome! This keyboard really calls to the piano player in me

2 Likes

2:42 is a good example of the kind of phrasing - in my case some Persian melodies that i’d learned - that I’ve tried to do on my Voyager and other keyboards, but the sensitivity just wasn’t there. The grace notes in that kind of music are really subtle.

1 Like

The track that inspired me to seek out Persian music lessons. Yup, pretty excited that I’ll soon get a keyboard that’ll let me play grace notes with that kind of subtlety. Sounds like that vocal patch can be tweaked to sound more like a ney too.

2 Likes

I reckon 49 keys is simply to test the waters with this new format/technology. No point at this stage going 61 or higher if there are technical/QC issues to iron out. Although all reports from Expressive E seem very positive in that regard, but only time in users hands will tell for sure. So i’m sure other models will follow, but not that soon.

1 Like

two of them = 98 keys

If he says September then I’m thinking I’ll get mine this coming Winter at earliest. Well, actually, that’s just a repeat of what Expressive E themselves stated in one of their update emails.

I like the shoutout to us “punk keyboardists” that SonicTalk. So Nick, Ty, and Co are counting on us punk players to come up with the unexpected, eh? We won’t let ya down!

2 Likes

The last update email says first shipments in June. Haven’t heard any change to that as yet. I hope it’s not September…

1 Like

Does anybody know if there will be (really good) Piano presets in Eagen Matrix?