HW DEALS : Hardware on Sale [no private listings]

It’s likely time for an MPC thread? Or the MPC is the alluded chicken after the Egg?

9 Likes

We have moved from extended discussion of a discontinued product to one that has not even been announced yet and is definitely not on sale. But that is mostly because so little is actually on sale these days…!

8 Likes

In fairness the MPC One is on sale, which then led to extended conversion.

1 Like

Sweetwater ( and others ) have a big sale on the Nord Stage 3. $1100 off the 88 key, $1000 off the HP76, and $700 off the 73 key versions !!!

This is because Nord is about to announce the Stage 4. See this post. Good place for more discussion.

This is not permission to post about Nord keyboards ! Please stay on-topic.

3 Likes

Very true.

I would be cool with the convention of keeping this thread for deal links and little else. It’s hard to manage the micro dopamine comedowns I experience when I see 10 unread posts in here and there are zero deals when I open it.

8 Likes

There is a lot of gear on sale !

Moog has rolled back the price of their Mavis, by $50. It’s now $300 in the US. ( Sweetwater link. )

Neat little add on semi-modular, real bang for the buck.

This is not permission to go off-topic. Here is the Mavis thread.

This sale likely continues through the end of this year.

5 Likes

What did i say about a lot of stuff on sale ?

The Erica Synths Syntrx – the original one, not the II is on sale. $929 off, so now it’s $2100, around the same price as the less expensive Syntrx II !

I only found it at Sweetwater, though you can check around.

Sweetwater has this on backorder at this price, but worth the wait, if this is what you want. You don’t pay until it ships.

Just a hunch, but maybe it is being discontinued, so you might want to jump on this. I know some people prefer this version over the Syntrx II.

As always this is not permission to take this thread off-topic. The Syntrx thread, is a good place for more discussion.

There is a Syntrx II thread, as well.

6 Likes

The original Syntrx was discontinued last year due to the vernier dials going out of production.

1 Like

Read that as on sale for $929 and nearly freaked it

5 Likes

Can the reverb be used alone? it’s still 300 € in Belgium but I am looking for a cheap effect box.

Would it be usefull knowing I own A4, DT, ST ?

If anyone is seeing a crazy sale price on Nord Stage/Electro/Piano in Europe, please post. Thomann and Gear4Music aren’t showing any price cuts from what I see.

2 Likes

Not too long ago Just Music was having a sale on one of them (I remember seeing a Nord in the Sale section of the flagship store in Berlin).

1 Like

new E.P. title :wink:

11 Likes

Yes it can

Edit: to address your second question, that’s hard to say and really depends on whether or not you want to add a dedicated effects unit. The A4 can have external audio routed into it for processing, so you can run one instrument into it. The Syntakt can also do this. So, no you don’t need one, but you still might want one.

Look what you made me do!

What should I do? Is it a trap?

7 Likes

Break it! You will not regret this purchase. And hey, if you do, I’ll trade you something for it, maybe. I could use two honestly, and this sale is making me consider it strongly. Let me know if you like it when you have some time to break it in.

2 Likes

the cat in the bag :wink:

1 Like

I thought I was in the memes thread. Ha!

3 Likes

need another 303 box ?
£99 inc shipping.

2 Likes

Zoom has a February sale ongoing . Most H-series recorders $20-$50 off

https://zoomcorp.com/en/us/handheld-recorders/

4 Likes