SYNTRX II from Erica Synths

SynthAnatomy Article

New synth.

New thread.

25 Likes

That looks fantastic.

1 Like

It looks absolutely gorgeous !
What are the differences (except for the look) with the MK1 ?

Oh good lord. Just after I bought Mk1 :laughing:

With a load of additional features.

And for a lower price :sob:

Time to start saving up!

6 Likes

Sequencer and recordable joystick, plus more inputs/outputs. Dropped the pointless sample and hold feature. No speakers. Slightly cheaper. Plus BLACK.

3 Likes

7 Likes

That looks nice but simpler and less analog than the mk1. And cheaper. Love this synth so maybe I’ll have to get both :sweat_smile:

1 Like

No way to cv control the mod matrix? And in the ver. 1?

1 Like

3 Likes

Wen SYNTRX III for half the price :rofl: ?

4 Likes

Seems an odd choice, both for UX and patch design, to have Ring In B on a dial on the board, rather than on the mod matrix. I understand it’s a practical trade-off, probably on multiple levels of the business. I wonder what fun/problems it’ll lead to.

1 Like

Omg this looks interesting, the other day I was eye :eye: balling the v1

Looks like its not got a spring reverb this time around. And possibly a down-speccing of the oscillators… wonder what the difference is between “highly accurate” and “perfectly stable” is

1 Like

The patch shift left/right buttons seem a really good addition. Although so far I am consoled by it looking not quite as much of a monster of a machine as the Mk1

1 Like

What do you mean by “cv controllling the mod matrix”?

I understand why they chose to name it as they did, and there certainly are a lot of similarities, but if Erica Synths had chosen a new name it might have helped point out the differences.

I never understood the decision to use one of the sources on the matrix for the VU-meter. Would make more sense to me to just have it go there by default.

Dieter says delete.

3 Likes

I think this lets you use the VU meter on any part of the signal flow… use it to measure your inputs, your processing, your outputs. That’s why it has the audio/CV switch, too.

6 Likes

Yes but I mean I’ve never felt the need to do that and would rather have some kind of mod destination there instead.

1 Like