How old are you and where are you from?

Very nice. I love all of both those bands catalogs!

56, originally from Portsmouth UK, been living in Sofia, Bulgaria for the past 15 years.

I grew up on Bowie, Smiths, Cure, Joy Division.

Moved to London and caught the ā€œSummer of Loveā€ and the Rave scene full on, I donā€™t think my brain went back together properly after all those pills.

Iā€™ll listen to almost anything now, as long as its not modern jazz, or country!

Really enjoy dubby ambient techno and a good spliff.

3 Likes

iā€™m 34yrs and iā€™m from zĆ¼rich,switzerland.
Influences are:
besides the usual influences of techno and house i came a long way from metal, funk, classical, jazz and much more

the only thing i try to avoid is top 30 charts music

1 Like

40 years, Montevideo Uruguay.

Kraftwerk, JM JarrĆ©, Vangelis, Pink Floyd, Depeche Mode, Prodigy, Aphex, Chemical Brothersā€¦

2 Likes

39, Paris (France)

A lot of different types of music (iā€™m also a guitarist), but as electronic goes iā€™m fond of Hallucigen, Carpenter Brut, Deadmau5, Digitalism, Gesaffelstein, Infected Mushroom, Minilogue, Petar Dundov, Royscoop, TM404 etc etcā€¦

1 Like

ā€¦mid fourtyā€¦thatā€™s how i call it for the next few years, i guessā€¦berlin basedā€¦

and it seems weā€™re missing some youngsters hereā€¦

i mean this is what iā€™m doing as a profession since more than 25 years by now and this smells pretty much like an elder statesmen clubā€¦

been into electronic music since tainted love and fade to greyā€¦heyā€¦pre midi era, so to sayā€¦and one more heyā€¦

bought into elektron only last yearā€¦now i feel like a goddamn beginner againā€¦
greatā€¦

2 Likes

52, Aachen, NRW-Germany

Main influenced by Pink Floyd, Kraftwerk, Tangerine Dream, Klaus Schulze, ELP and Genesis and a lot moreā€¦ :heart:

3 Likes
  1. From Florida. Space coast. USA.
    I like to make dub,ambient, experimental bass frequencies, dubxotica,drum&bass and glitch.

Tool, rage,lee scratch perry,King tubby,frank Sinatra,beastie boys, bassnectar,les claypool,ILL.gates,Eskmo,Digital Mystics,pink Floyd,311,bjork,Wendy Carlos,Beethoven,die antwoord,tipper,koan sound,STS9,String cheese incendent,big gigantic,kode9,marty party,glitch mob,Aphex twin, and beats antiques.

FORTY THREE.

Bristol UK.

Grew up in the NW and started clubbing when Madchester was kicking off. Spent my weekends at Spin Inn record shop, Hacienda, Affleckā€™s Palace, Quadrant Park. Shelleyā€™s in Stoke.

Early influences: Pink Floyd, 808 State, Happy Mondays, Detroit, R&S, Aphex, Autechre.

Now: Anything unusual. Joanna Newsom. Rusty Gates. Malfunctioning Fridges. Murders of Crows. Sirens. Hydrophonics. Binaural Recording. Crowds. PC Music Crew. One-Arm Bandits. Dub.

1 Like

I am quite above my age and live in Berlin. I come from Neil Young, John Lee Hooker, El-P, Public Enemy, Jesus And Mary Chain, Plastikman, Digital Mystikz, Kryptic Minds, Cave and Cohen.
Not in that particular orderā€¦

1 Like

34, Bristol UK

Iā€™ve done a few bits and bobs on Si Begg and Kid606ā€™s labels and I love anything from old Metalheadz D&B through to oddball techno like Vessel etc.

I currently have a massive soft spot for cheesy house & bass like Flava D / DJ Q / Squire of Gothos etc but my tastes change every month :wink:

1 Like

I come from Leeds originally :+1:
I used to knock around with the Terra crew in the early ā€œnoughtiesā€
Purusha, I remember seeing you on many a flyer for gigs at the ā€œWindyā€[/quote]
Terra jungle. Remember seeing my-ziq at one of those nights. Top stuff!!
34, struer, Denmark, but originally from Huddersfield

1 Like

Do any of you west yorks guys go to Golden Cabinet in Shipley? My mate from oop norf has been banging on about it a lot recently - proper techno in a reclaimed old victorian school or something like that?

Leigh on Sea, UK

Mostly Techno early to mid 90ā€™s. Landstrumm, Surgeon, Planetary Assault etc.

2 Likes

42 years of age and living in london, uk

got into electronic music via plastikman and the early 90s techno scene - R&S, Warp etc. also love early garage rock and psychedelic freakout music, synth funk, weirdo pop, early music, pastoral classical and blah blah blah

1 Like

Itā€™s most likely because much younger people typically donā€™t have the kind of money needed to buy any Elektron machineā€¦

2 Likes

Old people play better electronic music:

:joy:

1 Like

Hi there,
wherever you are.
Iā€™m 41, Naples.
Grew up with Aphex Twin, Squarepusher and Maradona.
For about a month I closed my laptop,

sold my sound card and bought an Octatrack
for my beloved Monomachine.
I often read the forums to find answers and I am grateful to you all.
Waiting to read about some meeting somewhere ā€¦

my best regards!
achille

1 Like

A fine electronic music heritage in your town;)

Hey guys and galsā€¦

34 from Athens, Greece, live in London.

Music inspirations: Aphex Twin, Orbital, MJ, Metallica

Love music but canā€™t stand some of this poppy rnb new artists that they keep playing on Capital FMā€¦ Hahah. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like