Hip Hop Beat Battle #30 Voting & Feedback

Alright ATLiens, time for another round of voting and feedback!

As usual, please vote for your top three (not including your own beat of course). Comments are gold, so any feedback you can give on any of the beats is welcome!
1st: 3 pts
2nd: 2 pts
3rd: 1 pt

Please have your votes in by April 30th. Winner gets to host the next battle.

7 Likes

@djdriver
@flipinfantile
@Yabba
@aarb420
@looms
@KingDuppy

4 Likes

Jeeeeez, amazing work everyone.

This is going to be IMPOSSIBLE to choose a winner or a top 3!

6 Likes

Great stuff on first listen, well done all :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Great Beats everybody! Damn I wish I could vote.

5 Likes

It feels very much like these tracks would be featured between shows/ during the bumps, and may be one of, if not my favorite playlists! Amazing tracks @everyone, and a great assortment to zone out to :beers: Also, not entirely sure why the brain was so dense previously to not realize that the Adult Swim headquarters is located in Georgia, but I thought that was neat to learn about, and all the more props to @sleepside for that connection!

5 Likes

I keep changing my mind about who to vote for! Strong work everyone — I need to keep listening for a few more days before committing :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Yeah I agree. Just made a first pass through with notes and ratings. Normally I put one to five dots after each listen. But now they all have 4 or above. Gonna have to make some changes to the system for this one… :thinking:

3 Likes

Yup. Did my usual shortlist and realised it was all of them apart from my own :joy:

3 Likes

Alright I’ve listened about at least a dozen times already, and still listening as I type this out. This is what I finally believe to be my top votes:

1 - Track 06 - The mood and mix on this track is just so dope and undeniable :beers:

2 - Track 02 - This is what I remember Adult Swim being back in the day. Such a great remix to a classic track, and those bells/chimes are delicious! :beers:

3 - Track 01 - Huge introduction to start us off and those horns are outstanding :beers:

HMs

You all came beyond well prepared and it felt like everyone outdid each other with the selection feeling very neck-and-neck this time around. Definitely was a difficult judging process, and also a very humbling experience to be a part of :baby:

You all used such incredible samples, and the remixes/mixes are all amazing and on point!

Track 3 - Really creative take on the remix and enjoyed that heavy intro! Appreciate the Hesh appearance :beers:

Track 4 - Those phasers are awesome on this intergalatic track :beers:

Track 5 - This feels like a hard pre-battle/war beat :beers:

Track 7 - Nice number! :beers:

also out of likes, after discovering there is a food thread, so don’t think I’m ignoring you guys

5 Likes

This is really tricky, this isn’t a case of what beat is better it’s more of a case of whichever beat suits your mood on that day.

I’ll definitely vote tomorrow though

4 Likes

Going to lock my votes in before I change my mind again, but every single one is great and deserving of big props. It doesn’t feel right to have to make a choice honestly but thems the rules! This playlist makes a great listen.

1st place: 1 - Crazy opener. Lovely samples, drums, bass, change ups, arrangement, the lot.

2nd place: 4 - Love the concept tying the lyrics together with the synth sounds and the chugging head nodding groove.

3rd place: 7 - Lovely textures. The returning melodies/samples are great and I really like the way they’re kinda subtly there as a nice bed for the lyrics. Great change ups.

4 Likes

My votes (well, how I feel today at least):

1st place: 7 – this was 3 great beats in one. I especially loved the switchup at 1:35 and the bassline at the end. As a former bass player, after the results are revealed I need to know if you played this yourself!

2nd place: 6 – such a vibe. the drum groove sounds pro!

3rd place: 1 – the adult swim samples are on point in this one and I really really like the bassline rhythm.

Other comments:

2 – I like the rhythm added by the sample chops and the chimes/bells
3 – what a great bass tone, that buzz makes it such an earworm. (I call it the “toxic bass” because I first heard something like it on a Britney Spears song)
4 – this one felt like I was swirling around on a good trip :slight_smile:
5 – such great restraint on this one. sometimes killer drums need the spotlight!

This was a lot of fun, my first time playing along but it won’t be my last!

5 Likes

Well done everyone! Honoured to be part of this challenge, here’s my votes:

1st place: Track 5. Love this optimistic marching beat under a3k. Then love it even more how the beat changes under big boi to be more militant.

2nd place: Track 2. What a lush sound design, very nice instrumental lines all throughout. I especially like what you did with those chimes/ xylophone?

3rd place: Track 7. I like it so much when the part with the static changes to the part with the confident bassline! Like untying your shoes after a long day, feels so good… ahhh

— HM’s

• Track 1 Really uplifting track. And I dig the delay on the acapella
  • Track 3 That killer mike intro sets the tone to the track with so much attitude, and the bass complements it perfectly. Are those live cuts?
  • Track 4 Nice going! Especially like intro and the part between the big boi and a3k verse.
  • Track 6. Love the moody keys.
5 Likes

Hey folks! Just a reminder that tomorrow is the last day for voting, and we have two votes left

3 Likes

Well I’ve found battles with 20 entrants easier than this to judge.

My votes and today’s mood are…

1st Beat 2
Lovely sunny vibes, it’s a nice sunny day where I am today and this started of the day nice on my journey to work.
Love everything about it.

2nd Beat 6
For very similar reasons as my number one vote, I think this one possibly has the acapella that suits the beat the most

3rd Beat 5
Something a bit different, like the quirky little percussion work and the overall thing as a track, really nice work.

And honourable mentions to the remainder, it’s a great little remix tape

6 Likes
  1. Track 06
  2. Track 01
  3. Track 02
4 Likes

whoa… late to the party here, but you all crushed this. top notch beats, folks!

5 Likes

There’s still half a day left if you wanna get your vote in, @KingDuppy

2 Likes

I can’t decide!

I’ll vote this afternoon. But so far I keep making lists and each list ends up with 4 #1s.

2 Likes