What's next for Elektron?

I’m so upset over the leak I’m not going to buy it!

21 Likes

Oh yeah I missed that. I sincerely hope they’ve put a way to loop a page because trig preview doesn’t quite cut it. I wonder we are headed towards an 8 bar future for elektron. Changing LED colour would have worked just as well as adding another 4

5 Likes

Maybe a different blink style for the second row?? I am sure they could work that out 🤷

1 Like

Bar 5: LED1 + LED4
Bar 6: LED2 + LED4
Bar 7: LED3 + LED4
Bar 8: All 4 LEDs

7 Likes

So this year digitakt 2, next year Tonverk line that will probably be successors/replacements to the current “dark trinity”. Rytm currently selling new for $2000 and Octatrack for $1600 (with an almost 15 year old processor), when this new Digitakt will blow both of those away in certain features and sound quality at $1000?

Clearly the dark trinity will either be replaced or upgraded within the next few years as well. Can’t wait! :wink:

3 Likes

And here I thought threads were being frozen and disappeared left and right so they wouldn’t take the spotlight from the champion beats over on the Williams Street Battle thread.

Hey while we all hold our breath for the next news drop why not head over there now and enjoy the tunes and maybe relax I hear that’s what the cool kids are all doing…

2 Likes

Damn, as a sampler junkie, it seems I have to order one of these…just to be annoyed by not having a “proper” slice mode :smiley:
But I have to say, some really nice additions here. Renamable MIDI CC is pretty sweet, if you keep a standard setup with other gear. 16 Tracks is perfect. and 400mb sample memory means not having to worry about keeping many samples in your template project.
WELL DONE ELEKTRON!

12 Likes

Time to consider a DT again, also what’s installed for future with the rest of lineup. A new series perhaps but given the legacy it seems difficult not to see MK2s and MK3 as evolutionary releases at the moment.

I requested renamable CC for the TR8s and/or SPmk2, and the kind folks at gear space told me it was a useless feature and actually not technically feasible. Looks like a DTmk2 is in my future.

4 Likes

Also the FX button says “send FX” underneath…so I assume there are inserts per channel, as well as the usual Reverb & Delay?

6 Likes

Anything about the number of Sample Slots? 256, 512, 1024?

1 Like

Months, maybe. But years is unlikely.

Under US law, at least, in order to maintain a trademark it has to be used in commerce. In other words, you gotta slap that trademark on a product. It’s not like domain names where you can squat on one for years and years making no use of it.

over a thousand sample slots available in each project.
NICE!

5 Likes

I just tried to get perfect circuit to let me get it and they are playing hard to get :triumph:

2 Likes

out of the whole thing this is the oddball out, i cannot convince myself they are not planning to upgrade the slicing quality, there is just no way

7 Likes

Lazy Chopping come on down!!

2 Likes

I’m kinda on the fence right now about whether I need to rush to upgrade my MK1.

But if the new one has parameter slide they can take my money - pretty sure I haven’t seen any mention so far though.

Am I crazy to hope for live-looping?

lol yes, the answer is yes.

4 Likes

Some marketing text said “over a thoousand” so I would place my bets on 1024.

2 Likes

How long has the digitone been out of stock on the website? Mk 2 incoming as well ? Haha joking but….

1 Like