Hanging notes?

Actually, I don’t even hit stop on the Akai Force sequencing the Digitone, it’s when I mute the sequence when a note still plays. I didn’t know it is the same issue when you hit stop.
And yes, hope they will fix this…

I’m using overbridge and ableton when I hit stop on ableton push if the notes are playing, some notes continue playing so muting the sequence must be similar

Yeah, just like the bugged polyrhythm/scales thing! So sick of Elektrons way nowadays releasing new machines way to early, neglecting updates, and if we get a new update we get other new bugs instead. And you can’t say anything bad about Elektron or you get banned (they banned me almost for half a year) I left my DN untouched for a very long time because I can’t cope anymore with the many bugs/issues! I want to make music instead of always encountering shit because it takes all the fun away! Neither do I want anymore to always report bugs, the developpers need to test and program better! And that’s why I stopped buying new Elektrons also, simply done with it! I’m not hoping for years and years anymore if they will get it solved or not! I even hope in the future that Behringer buys up Elektron, maybe then we will get decent usable firmware from the beginning!

1 Like
  1. Great, so a workaround would also kill the FX…
  2. If this is true, this would mean you can’t even sequence the Digitone with the Digitakt(or sequence itself via midi loopback), because of a bug with double notes at the loop of a pattern.

Somebody at elektron should read this:

1 Like

I already sent 2 emails to Elektron about this Midi issue 1 month ago. No reply at all…

Do they always do that ? They don’t reply at all ?

Make a support ticket on Elektron’s website.

1 Like

That is what I did twice. I didn’t used the correct word.
My bad.

1 Like

Hi there.

I have similar problems with hanging notes with both of my Digitones.
Windows 10, latest versions of Ableton Live, Overbridge and Digitone OS.
Sometimes I can work on both my Digitones for a few hours before it happens… the next time it will occur less than a minute after I’ve turned the units on.

Just reported the issue with a support ticket on www.elektron.se.
Hope they provide a solution… it’s driving me mad at the moment.

Kind regards, Sander

1 Like

I tried the same mute on/off test from the Akai Force sequencing an Electribe 2 : absolutely no problem. Muting the midi notes from the Force doesn’t create hanging notes on the Electribe.

Digitone’s midi implementation should be fixed to work when sequenced from an external gear.

2 Likes

This is starting to get to me…
every time I want to play from an external keyboard I get hanging notes,
Especially when playing in a loop…
is this broken or what? Is there an official word?

1 Like

There is no official word but it’s officially broken in my book and borderline unusable.

2 Likes

I know, I’m really not using it much because of it,
I’m sure they are working on a fix though, hopefully soon

1 Like

I get stuck notes with efx applied! No midi just laying in bed playing,

Damn, I’m also getting hanging notes now that I’ve started sequencing the DN from Ableton Live 9. I never had this issue before using Overbridge. The internal sequencer seems to work perfectly, but sending it midi over OB screws it up. Looking into the voice allocation menu, all 8 are on at times. Sometimes I can send it a bunch of other notes to get it to behave, then it goes screwy again within a matter of seconds. It makes DN/OB unusable. Time to raise a support ticket :frowning:

1 Like

The issue is being looked into :+1:

6 Likes

That’s very good to hear!

1 Like

Damn ! Never thought it would finally happen !
Great news !

1 Like

whop whop whop!

Well! That could be the year for me.
I loved my digitone - it was my most loved box, but hated exactly this so much that I had to sell it before I went bonkers.

Curious how this turns out!

1 Like

Me too. I was seriously considering getting rid of it last night - even started looking at reviews of 6 or 8 voice poly synths because I want to play it from my guitar midi pickup with up to 6 voices. This has changed my mind.

Also, someone mentioned on the OB thread that I could try turning off ‘Midi Note Chasing’ in Ableton Live, so I’m going to try that tonight. Will report back :blush:

Edit: Midi Note Chasing is a Live 10 feature - I’m on Ableton Live 9 Suite :frowning:

1 Like

Yep have same thing happening on mine. at least now i know what happens

1 Like