Hanging notes?

Damn, I’m also getting hanging notes now that I’ve started sequencing the DN from Ableton Live 9. I never had this issue before using Overbridge. The internal sequencer seems to work perfectly, but sending it midi over OB screws it up. Looking into the voice allocation menu, all 8 are on at times. Sometimes I can send it a bunch of other notes to get it to behave, then it goes screwy again within a matter of seconds. It makes DN/OB unusable. Time to raise a support ticket :frowning:

1 Like

The issue is being looked into :+1:

6 Likes

That’s very good to hear!

1 Like

Damn ! Never thought it would finally happen !
Great news !

1 Like

whop whop whop!

Well! That could be the year for me.
I loved my digitone - it was my most loved box, but hated exactly this so much that I had to sell it before I went bonkers.

Curious how this turns out!

1 Like

Me too. I was seriously considering getting rid of it last night - even started looking at reviews of 6 or 8 voice poly synths because I want to play it from my guitar midi pickup with up to 6 voices. This has changed my mind.

Also, someone mentioned on the OB thread that I could try turning off ‘Midi Note Chasing’ in Ableton Live, so I’m going to try that tonight. Will report back :blush:

Edit: Midi Note Chasing is a Live 10 feature - I’m on Ableton Live 9 Suite :frowning:

1 Like

Yep have same thing happening on mine. at least now i know what happens

1 Like

Whoa)) What do you using to pick up midi from guitar

1 Like

Fishman Triple Play. Works awesome with 8-voice DN as you can play all six strings into it, or else split the strings to play two or more sounds separately. But until this hanging notes issue is fixed I won’t trust it on stage :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

In Overbridge, if I change ‘Sync’ from ‘Clock + Transport’ to ‘Clock’ (top of the window), the hanging notes problem stops.

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum! That’s good to know. Definitely confirmed as a bug (by Elektron themselves), but I’m all for trying this as a workaround until a fix is in place :slightly_smiling_face:

I’m losing hope… :disappointed_relieved:
Why does it take so long ?
Do you really think they will actually fix this issue ?

Just to be clear, I’ve never had hanging notes when using the internal sequencer (not sure about other people), just when feeding it Midi via Overbridge. So you should be fine to go ahead :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I can confirm I’ve not had any problems using the digitones built in sequencer stand-alone or clocked from ableton (the main way i planned to use it from the start). There are better synths if you’re sequencing externally

I also wish they’d forget about overbridge but I think they’ve made too many promises in that regard and expectations are too high

1 Like

Awesome. Hydra looks cool. Enjoy that!

I didn’t realise you wanted to sequence in Ableton as well. And I’ve got to say there’s no advantage in sequencing DN from DT to be honest. The only reason I use OT to sequence DN sometimes is because of its crazy random midi arp!

1 Like

Yes I know, but its actually nice to use the Digitakt as main brain so to speak. The Master of everything. :slight_smile:

It’s why I bought it, because of the 8 midi tracks, next to the 8 audio tracks.

But lets hope Elektron gets their act together soon and start fixing the issues with their hardware, as the Digitakt also has some annoying bugs that needs to be squashed.

The first note skipping bug is plagueing the Digitakt for 2 years now and still not fixed.

2 Likes

If the internal sequencer is used, no problem.

But if you want to use the Digitone as an external synth, you may encounter this hanging note issue, as shown there :

It’s because the Digitone doesn’t understand the basic MIDI CC #123 “All notes off”.

All the sequencers using this CC when muting a MIDI part won’t be compatible with the Digitone. So, if you wanna use the Digitone with an external sequencer, be sure this sequencer doesn’t use the CC123.

An update of the Digitone would make it compatible with ALL the sequencers, but I don’t know if Elektron will finally fix this problem…

2 Likes

does shifting the first trig not werk for you?

Right…not what I asked. I asked if shifting the first trig (of each track) was not fixing the missed first trig.

Also try removing the midi cable and see if the hung notes stops. You might have conflicting settings. If disconnecting midi helps with hung notes, then perhaps some midi filtering and organization of settings is in order

I don’t get hung notes. And if I miss the first note in start, I nudge. Sometimes it just Logic being in the wrong playback setting.

Dang, when it’s broken down to be such a simple problem like you show it really is infuriating that this issue exists at all. Is CC #123 used for something else on DN? What’s the logic behind leaving this command out?