Digitone / Digitone Keys 1.21 : bug reports

They ignore me too. Shame, really, as in every other aspect Digitone is a perfect synth for me.

But hey, if that’s something that Elektron is not able to fix due to inner-workings of their sequencer, I think I’ll be forced to sell it :confused:

Thank you for testing this. And good to know I’m not the only one who has experienced this.

Going to try some things to fix this.

1 Like

Exactly the same for me, great synth, but this mute/hanging note issue makes me considering selling it as I can’t use it the way I want.

1 Like

I haven’t read every post in here, so Idk if someone’s mentioned this :

Sometimes if I am in the LFO page & let it sit there while I’m playing my DN, the destination menu will pop open for a while. I didn’t touch any encoders, just happens randomly. Doesn’t select anything, just the menu appearing - simple glitch.

1 Like

Had this a lot with my first DN including other problems as well, I returned it and got a brandnew one!

1 Like

Hanging notes issue, again…

Don’t hesitate to describe this behaviour on the “Hanging notes ?” topic, and above all, to create a ticket about this issue on the Elektron support.

The Digitone doesn’t understand the CC123 message “all notes off”, that’s why it is not compatible with most of the sequencers.

Got the same thing. Been driving me bats. I am noticing it happens when the project scale is at something other than 1x before you scale per track. If it is synced to another machine via MIDI, it shifts the whole sequence so that all the on beats become off beats. The amount that the sequence is offset by is determined by the scale setting for the project BEFORE you change the scale per track. It’s really annoying. I am new to the polyrhythmic stuff and I was thinking for awhile that I was just sucking at it. I guess i’m happy it’s the machine?

Just logged my ticket. Hope the fix comes soon.

So Got My DN today and loving it so far… Is it a known thing that all LFOs appear stuck at 120bpm ??? I have updated to the latest OS and no matter what the only time the LFOs loop in time when in BPM mode is when the bpm is at 120? similar to what @DaveMech is describing…

3 Likes

That is what I’m experiencing as well on one of my Digitones yeah. Haven’t had the time to figure out why or to do a reset. Someone suggested it had to do with another track somehow influencing the lfo of another. And a device reset apparently fixed it.

2 Likes

Power Cycle Did Remedy It…mmmm i think i can replicate it, Its happened twice, because its a new device im exploring the sounds, so playing with the The LFO on track1 and then scrolling through sounds with the sound browser previewing other sounds, ive managed to get the LFO stuck on a BPM and when you change the pattern or global BPM it stays at 120? its like you can make it drop sync with the bpm by giving it something else to think about?

Multiple Projects as well… First time in the Presets Project and a gain on a newly created project. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Very strange indeed and certainly a bug.

1 Like

@DaveMech Any chance you would be up for confirming some findings? It might help Elektron bug fixing.

With the patch that you were having trouble with the LFO sync…could you try to set all 4 tracks Lfos to BPM multiples in page 2 of the LFO settings. And see if everything drops into sync? On the troubled track…

I just had an out of sync LFO on track 4 even though it was set to BPM…I changed the LFO on track 3 from non BPM sync to its BPM sync equivalent, and boom track 4 also then locked to BPM.

It appears that the BPM sync value and not the multiple value is being “read” between tracks incorrectly. I will try to video it in play but it would be good to know if it’s many units…

Hi.

My Digitone freezes when im using it as an audio interface and at the same time either playing/twiddeling it, and once while saving a project.

Will send elektron a ticket, but posting this to see if anybody else having similar issues.

Latest os, 1.21
Did the startup + func test, and reported 0 errors.

FUNC button brings the sound browser menu on my unit since a month…

pressing FUNC one or two times is enough to bring the browser menu, and then pressing NO doesn’t always work to close it, have to press NO several times…

very annoying for live situations…

anyone?

OK : just searching some solutions, I found out that turning OFF the « receive notes » in the midi menu did stop the bug.

some notes may come from the OT and mess the digitone 1.21

Not really a bug I guess but a strange ommision. Kind of weird that no other people are reporting this behavior or I can’t find it. This is present at the digitakt as well:

When recording midi into the sequencer using a midi keyboard on a midi track, when holding one note and playing another (so when notes overlap) only the initional note velocity is recorded. For the overlapping notes no velocity is recorded at all.

I’m a bit puzzled by why. @Ess did you know this and is it by design or the nature of the sequencer?

When I record very expressive stuff into the sequencer it gets recorded all messed up because some notes that overlap are no at default velocity rather then the velocity I actually played them at.

Yeah it’s odd.
Same thing happens on the same track when using one lfo set to bpm sync and the other to non bpm mode. I don’t think this is expected behavior as this would mean both LFO’s have to be set to the same multiplier mode…

2 Likes

I’ve been living with this limitation for a while. Instead of expressiveness, you have to be a good programmer to achieve what you have in mind. I guess it’s part of being an Electronic Music Composer. We are not «real musicians» (lol). If I’m not mistaken, this behavior is also reproduce with the Internal Keyboard.

Programming expressiveness is indeed part of the Elektron workflow. However I’m uncertain if this specific thing is normal behavior. It can recognize additional note information while holding a note, so why not velocity as wel?
I would even prefer the addional notes lock to the same velocity as the initial note rather then using the default unlocked state. :slight_smile:

I posted this message a few days ago, and now I’ve just seen there is this post specifically for bug reports, so I’m moving it here.

I’m messing with my new Digitone and I was trying a fast arpeggio of only 3 notes.

It was working well when playing different notes using the DN keys, but when using a midi keyboard sometimes the arpeggio got stuck playing repeatedly only one note, until I changed the played note again.

Is this a bug in the DN, or am I missing something?