šŸŽƒ Halloween track challenge

Iā€™m also trying to put something together, using DT only. Deadline is fast approaching thoughā€¦

3 Likes

Agreed! The movie is pretty dumb, but thatā€™s part of the fun. In one jam, I used a fair amount of dialog because I couldnā€™t resist the cheesiness of it. The second thing Iā€™m working on, I tried to be a bit more ā€˜seriousā€™ and avoided dialog samples. Iā€™m a huge fan of forced limitations, which is why Iā€™m only using sounds from the movie itself. The toughest part of that was fashioning a decent kick and bass sounds from clips that were already shrunken by youtube. Still working on that :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah the movie is not very halloweenie and the soundtrack doesnt feed the mood either but its cool, I never dress up for Halloween anyways.

2 Likes

So many of the classics in the horror genre have already been sampled to death.

I thought others here might appreciate the synth heavy musical themes in this movie. :wink:

2 Likes

Iā€™m def submitting a beat for this.
I like to say the above statement in battle threads to make myself finish even when it gets tuff (trying to get my brother to get in on this battle too).
I just finished an Op-1 battle, that I wouldā€™ve never finished if I didnā€™t say ā€œIā€™m doing it no matter what!!!ā€ Itā€™s a nice little tactic of mine & has worked so far. It gets me to push thru instead of giving up.

1 Like

I THINK I scrolled past your thread without opening itā€¦due to the title. If I knew it was a challenge/battle I wouldā€™ve probably joined.

If you put 1 on again, maybe put the word challenge or battle in the title for more interest?

1 Like

I really enjoyed the film and the soundtrack! Little B-movie gem!

1 Like

Fair enough.
Although I had assumed that all the threads in this section/ board were challenges given the General Rules.

If I win this one, Iā€™ll post the next (as it should be according to the rules - which I now accept I neglected to follow).

1 Like

That makes senseā€¦to be honest I didnā€™t know that mission brief is the challenge section all tho the name says it allā€¦

It was the only thing I could think of as to why there wasnā€™t any action; your challenge was a nice idea :grinning:

2 Likes

I couldnā€™t agree more Sharris. Make the commitment to yourself and youā€™re more likely to get it done.

2 Likes

I bent the rules a bit myself but I donā€™t see the mods shutting us down for having fun with our machines and making the output public.

I didnā€™t see your thread or I would have contributed to it.

2 Likes

only one question left:

Summary

Doctor Konputa, is this experiment being done by the Shop? :laughing:

2 Likes

Sure, Iā€™m in. Thankā€™s @konputa for preparing the brief. :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Are we allowed to use the soundtrack or does audio have to be sampled from the actual movie?

I def want to get sounds & vocals from the movieā€¦but I found the soundtrack on youtube (below), which of course would be ideal to use since it has all the music without talking & ā€œmovieā€ noises all over the music.

I already sampled the entire soundtrack & was going for it, then I realized it might not be okā€¦donā€™t want to cheat if weā€™re supposed to sample from the actual movie.

3 Likes

Deadline is tonight right? Just samples from the film into the DTā€¦ This is actually the first full track Iā€™ve made since getting the DT a few months ago. Very fun, more movie-digging challenges please!

16 Likes

Deadline is 10/30, so we have 20 more days

1 Like

Ooh, I thought in the first couple posts people decided to move it to the 10th? Anyway, all good, more time to work on it then. BTW the soundtrack is probably fair game as the OP doesnā€™t say itā€™s restricted to samples from the movie in any way. So dig in.

1 Like

I THINK the deadline WAS earlier, but weā€™re getting more time :grinning:

Listened to your track now, I really like itā€¦great job man!

2 Likes

Crap!!! I wish Iā€™d have sampled the soundtrack. I got all my sounds from the movie itself :confused:

1 Like

Love it!!!

1 Like