It’s been a couple of months since we did the conspiracy challenge so I figured it’s time for a new one. Tonight I saw Stephen King’s Firestarter, a movie I haven’t seen since the mid 1980s. Anyway, here is what was most striking about the movie - the sounds. Loads of analog going on in this movie which makes sense given the era and the fact that Tangerine Dream did the soundtrack; a fact I didn’t recall prior to tonight.
It seems to me that this film is brimming over with potential sample material. With that in mind, I thought it would probably be sensible to suggest a synthwave/vapor/cinematic challenge using this film as the foundation for our tracks.
- Tempo: 80-130 BPM
- Sample material: audio from Firestarter, self sourced
- Genre: synthwave, vapo(u)r or cinematic
- Technical: open to any music hardware or software; analog, FM and period drum sounds encouraged
- Deadline: October 30th 2018
- Limits: no Prodigy covers
So what say you?