šŸŽƒ Halloween track challenge

Thanks! Sampling from the film is more fun anyway. Thereā€™s something exciting about watching with your ears, field recorder armedā€¦

2 Likes

Most of my music leans toward glitchy/experiment type stuff, so I wanted the challenge of staying in a poppy, 80ā€™s veinā€¦
Hoping to have time to revisit the mix at some point, but this is one of the things I came up with. Every sound is from the movie

11 Likes

Yess this slaps :fire::fire:Evil disco.

Love the bit at 1:20 where the main sample cuts out for a bar.

Real nice work!

2 Likes

Thanks! It was fun to step out of my comfort zone. Any excuse to practice on the OT is fine by me :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Sharris, yeah that is a great idea. I didnā€™t assume a dialog free soundtrack even existed. Thanks for sharing!

2 Likes

Gonna try to do better mixes before the deadline, but not sure Iā€™ll have time. This was my first attempt with the samples. Was going for a ā€œEverybody Wants To Rule The Worldā€ feel. Used a lot of dialog samples in this one as well. Once again, I couldnā€™t resist the dopey gated reverb toms :slight_smile:
https://soundcloud.com/the-snipecatcher/double-blind-all-sampled-from-the-movie-firestarter

4 Likes

Always nice to get in early, good job on the track. This was a good idea to get people completing songs, I enjoyed yours and look forward to listening to the other entries. Perhaps you could use the additional time to make a cool video?

2 Likes

I think the vibe/theme comes across well in your entry, fired you a youtube thumbs up :+1:

1 Like

Thanks so much!

2 Likes

I am also sampling from the soundtrack rather than the film.

At the moment it looks like I might end up with two separate tracks, one synthwave-y and one more vapor-y. Doubt Iā€™ll manage to finish both though.

3 Likes

I totally got that from your track!

The drum patterns I built are randomly inspired by Guileā€™s Theme from Street Fighter 2 haha

2 Likes

Cheers, not a bad idea, been meaning to get into video editingā€¦

2 Likes

Hope to get started on this on my time off from work duties. Thanks konputa!

3 Likes

Cheers to @Anfim and @Snipecatcher for getting tracks completed so early! Overachievers, Iā€™d say. :wink:

The filmā€™s vibe really came through in your output. Excellent job!

1 Like

enjoyed both tracks from @Anfim and @Snipecatcher ā€¦i still havenā€™t had enough time to startā€¦ :expressionless: thereā€™s still some time though :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yea I agreeā€¦ Iā€™m def going to watch the movie & sample from it, just havenā€™t gotten that far yet :slight_smile:
I was mainly thinking audio quality & having full tracks to work with. In the actual movie the full song isnā€™t always played or people talk over the entire track, things of that nature. Thinking if I find something I love while watching the movie but itā€™s destroyed by other sounds, having the soundtrack could come in handy (& figured Iā€™d throw it out there for anyone else). Iā€™d like to try to make the song without using outside sounds as well, but we will seeā€¦ Iā€™ll follow the sound :ear:

Above is supposed to be an earā€¦ looks like a deformed peanut to me :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

MD manual:

AR manual:

8 Likes

OT manual:

Haha!

6 Likes

hehehe thatā€™s awesome!
it also looks like a weird snailā€¦
or a weird wienerā€¦

2 Likes

Iā€™m going to let someone else curate the snail wiener peanut ear challenge!

:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4 Likes