Glo Phase AR sets

hey all! I’ve got a new thread going in which I’m sharing a short vid/track daily.

A handful are rytm based (90-95% AR with a little extra production) so I thought I’d share one or two here. Enjoy!

4 Likes

cool, just watched Bloom Day 5 one minute vignette … enjoyable!

Favourite visual: the purple and blue lights around 0:48
the movement, the colours, the composition; totally scintillating and very satisfying.

Favourite audio element: when the low tom drum plays the melody around 0:17.
i could listen to an entire song where the low tom drum plays the tight funky minimal melody all day.

Hey thanks! Much appreciated. I’m a huge fan of playing the AR toms (especially the bass tom) chromatically. I even try to limit how frequently I can use them so as not to overdo it. They sound especially great in a loud system too! Thanks for listening!

love the AR might even go for one … if so, i would make entire records where every single song had a tom-drum melody go for at least 50 percent of the time lol.

sounds way funky and cool.

yes, could imagine on large sound systems this could sound top notch.
almost reminds me of a certain style of funk low-bass and octave guitar doubling a slinky riff or melody.

1 Like

100% rytm track from my latest vid project:

Another rytm track, one of my favs:

1 Like

Hey, I’ll leave one more rytm track here from the 30 day project:

1 Like

Hi all! Here’s a new short rytm only set. Enjoy!

6 Likes

There’s no other way to put this: I admire your stuff. Massive head bobbing at the office at 7am.

2 Likes

I really love your style, M. @George_Michael !
Most definitely the most humbling grooviest AR Master there is !

(May I say I’m glad that you’re back to such format: Instagram long sequences were a bit frustrating) :smiley:

1 Like

rsp

Really inspiring watch you work those macros and perfs, I’m seriously underutilizing those on my rytm!

1 Like

Thanks guys!
yeah the instagram clips were def frustrating for that reason!
I’m trying to be a little discerning pattern wise as to what I record (as opposed to just recording everything like I used to) but will prob do a few more this year.
Thanks for listening!

1 Like

hello all,

Here’s a new set of the instrumental / downtempo variety.

9 Likes

Very cool ! Thanks a lot for posting. Maybe not exactly your genere, but i would love to hear your take on something more hous"isch" I like it anyway its very original what you do.

1 Like

hey thanks! I’ve actually done a handful of house-ish sets with the AR. Check out “seeking” up about from Oct '17 if you’d like to hear.

2 Likes

Always so inspiring to watch you work the mk I!
I just love it how you seem to really use all the tricks and functions available on the rytm, fluidly going between muting and macroing/perfing, always sounding luid with the transitions.

Rsp

1 Like

Much appreciated! I’m try not to be quite as spastic (just for the sake of doing a lot quickly) and make it more about the musical result lately. thanks for listening!

1 Like

Yeah, sounds to me like your technique has significantly refined over time. Keep up the good work sir :nyan:

1 Like

My favorite one of all so far. Love that downtempo chilled vibe! Damn… I could never get my Rytm to sound that good!

1 Like

thank you both! much appreciated