Feedback loop ideas thread

use headphones out for instant volume control

0. headphones volume set to 0!

1. cue outs -> input B/C using patch-cords, CUE T1 and T5
  2. 1st and 5th tracks -> THRU
  3. T1: fx1 -> filer, fx2 -> equalizer
  4. T5: fx1 -> lo-fi, fx2 -> dark rever
  • on both used tracks set zero hold and short release (AMP page)
  • on filter, set Q to maximum for it to self-oscilate and hence some sound source
  • put some trigs and PLAY

here’s soo much to mangle with and this turns OT to a veeery interesting standalone sound generator (synth if you want) with no samples at all + of course you may sample whatever comes from it afterwards. and i didn’t mention lfo’s yet :wink:

i’m soo fond of feedback loops and i just realized OT gives me that in one box. how about you guys?

8 Likes

No you’re not alone… :smile:
Headphones out is a good idea, but I prefer internal resampling with feedback (tracks, CUE, MAIN), and I usually use my headphones! :slight_smile:

Here with nothing plugged, no samples, internal CUE feedback.

I use CUE feedback with pitch + 12 (timestretch off), filter and delay quite often.

With MAIN feeback you have a kind of Neighbor track for master track, very efficient as delay…

12 Likes

ugh so it seems we have a duplicate thread here, i’m sorry. maybe it’ll make sense to merge these?

2 Likes

Don’t worry, @sezare56 is a Teenage Mutant Ninja OTist… Just because he’s done it doesn’t mean it won’t be new to others and blow their mindz… These kinda tricks are good to be brought up now and again otherwise they’re lost in the forum abyss and can only be found by hunting…
Good on ya! :smiley:

6 Likes

Whatever, mods will decide :wink:, let’s talk about feedback! :slight_smile:

Single loop, CUE feedback, random filter with dist, lofi…crossader. At the end, from around 2’, you can here the feedback “only”.

3 Likes

thanks)
so far i’m trying to use crossfader 01 - 09 as a feedback introduction, i. e. scene B set to src vol, filter Q, eq boost, reverb mix/time, whatever increase to bring the sound in (thus immediate hands-on control on the signal level) and then develop it further by the help of parts.
p-locks serve as a melodic stuff (eq freqs, resonant filter pitch etc)
T8 as master track turned to be a must due to compressor so i can flatten sound a bit and keep it under control.
so cool to make use of polyrhythmic pattern settings with short amp release and p-locks!

1 Like

I gotta try this!

Back to feedback.
Quick way to produce it : a recorder recording its recording.

• New project
  • T1 > Flex (RECORDING1), Trig on step 1, +1/384 microtiming
  • FX1 > Filter Base = 20 (scene B=110), Width = 20, res = 20
  • FX2 > Dark Reverb
  • RECORDER1 > SRC3 = T1, trig on step 1
  • Lower VOL, play, and increase to taste

Dirty result, feedback only, using crossfader / scenes :

I sequenced 2 other tracks recording T1 with several rec trigs, and a track records MAIN, play it 1 octave up, for pitched feedback.

6 Likes

i like how it develops into rhythmic stuff, i gotta try use rec trigs, kinda afraid of 'em yet

and this one is in combo with op-1. ot headphones out -> op1 input and vice versa. digital synth engine on op-1 playing the tone. the rest is feedback and ot’s processing (including lfos)

5 Likes

Don’t be! :slight_smile:
Good stuff.

1 Like

Excellent. This thread may have just saved me a few hundred $ I was thinking of spending on a synth :hugs:

I have a 4 voices synth for you :
INABCD Jacks sampling challenge :loopy:

3 Likes

I was actually the first (I think) to post a track to that challenge!
Maybe I’ll try again now I’ve had the OT a bit longer, but the input jacks are reduntant…

1 Like

The second and the last you mean? :smile:
Thanks again, I forgot !

CUE feedback with comb filters, recording ABCD for noise, nothing plugged, no samples, one bar pattern moving crossfader.

10 Likes

I think the OT comb filters are fast becoming my favourite instrument :yum:

1 Like

Looks like I gotta get more acquainted with the comb filters :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This is 3 minutes out of 2+ hours of letting my OT do the internal feedback thing. Thanks for the prompt to explore this, it can go to some pretty weird places.

and another minute I quite liked

3 Likes

Are their any delay+reverb+distortion feedback loop tricks you can do on the OT? Like when you self feedback a delay+reverb in the send and return on a mixer? I need to know…

Yeah definitely ! I used it on 2nd post example.

2 Likes