Favorite Headphones

Hey guys,

I’m looking for new studio headphones around, let’s say 250 €.
Mainly for sound design and mixing - checking level’s and pan’s.
Do you have a good tip for me?

thanks and cheers!

2 Likes

I’m using AKG K-701 and could not be happier with them. Also the Beyerdynamic DT-880 Pro is a good choice.

4 Likes

I love Sennheiser headphones.

• For mixing, checking levels, sound design: HD-25, all the time
  • For listening to music in a great condition: HD-650
5 Likes

Was surprised with Aiaiai tma-1 Studio recently. Obvious winner in terms of sound stage, bass tightness, comfort and non-fatigue. Compared to following cans: sony mdr7506, akg 241s and ath m50

I use the Sennheiser HD25 for a very long time.
Recently i bought a Sennheiser HD6 mix. Same sound/quality as the HD25, but more confortable (circumaural). There are also the HD7 and HD8.

1 Like

On stage or when i DJ i trust nothing else than my Ultrasone Signature DJ.
You can throw every competitor product at it, but there’s nothing that sounds better than this headphone… but the downside ist they are really expensive.
900euros is a lot!

But in studio i use my Sennheiser SRH 1440 or my Beyerdynamic DT990.
The Sennheiser is a bit more open, but flatter in bass-response, the DT990 ist a bit more boomy but i can wear it all night long.

On the road or on long train rides i like to have my Sennheiser HD-25 with me, because they’re portable, loud and good.

1 Like

DT990 pro FTW
extremely comfortable and true sounding for their price (imo)

2 Likes

I really love my Focal Spirit Professional’s for mix work and just about anything else.

Senny HD25 ii’s for me. Sound fantastic. I use them in the studio and for commuting all the time.

1 Like

A consideration might be closed vs. open. A lot of the recommendations above use a closed designs while an open pair of headphones might perform better for mixing and production work.

I have a pair of Shure SRH1840s which I am profoundly happy with. Not cheap, but really lovely.

1 Like

The HD25s will sound really harsh if you compare them with the HD650’s. I was shocked by the difference.

My favorite headphones is Beyerdynamics DT-1350. Using them about5-8 hours a day at work, when i have DJ gigs and when training at home…never disappointed me on any front…plain and simple the best headphones ive worked with :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Sennheiser HD600 and Audio Technica ATH-M50. The HD600 are worth every cent. The bass definition seems more accurate and translates to other setups more consistently than anything I’ve tried, including my monitors.

The ATH-M50 are great for a low impedance/travel option and when you need something private/closed-ear.

1 Like

I’ve used Sennheiser HD-25 for almost 20 years.
Still use them while travelling, but in the studio I use Focal Spirit, which I loove. Really good sound and I “trust” them.

+1 ATH-M50

Forgot to mention Grado Labs range. V nice

I also use the Sennheiser HD25 but I think they are better for DJing.
For studio work I am still looking for another one.

love my TMA Studio guru edition. and also my HD-25.

All of these for different reasons:

AIAIAI TMA-1
Grado SR125
Focal Spirit Professional

I like the HD25 for travelling.

The Sennheiser HD598s are quite nice too for about half the price of the HD600 or HD650. Very comfortable for long listening sessions. Worth checking out if you don’t want to push up into the $350-400 range.

1 Like