Elk-Herd 3.1 beta for Digitakt OS 1.40

Cool thanks for pointing that out, I missed that part.

Does anyone know if downgrading to 1.40 works to manage projects with Elk Herd… And upgrading to 1.50 again afterwards?

Edit: thanks Dave!
(Only projects saved on that OS verion)

2 Likes

all the projects where you’re using the 1.5 features won’t open in elk herd I believe …

Could you please explain to me what this Elk Heard is all about? Is it a new thirdparty firmware and what does it do?

Project & Sample Management: Elk-Herd || Digitakt Tutorial #9

Keep in mind though that the project part of it doesn’t work (yet?) on 1.5

4 Likes
1 Like

Thank you!

hey @mzero , i know life is stressful, but i just want to chime in and ask if there is any possibility you might wanna share the source code for elk-herd, so otherts can pick up on it for the new versions?
It would be great if elektron takes on it, integrates it, but doesnt seem to happen, right?

It’s kind of crezy , but we digitakt users really depend on your tool to manage our ongoing projects…

Hope we se a sign of you for the future!

11 Likes

+1

I’d happily work on the code if it can be made available!

5 Likes

His roadmap had open source in the plan
I guess he’s doing his best , just needs time and patience.

4 Likes

He should’ve open patreon or smth to get donations

3 Likes

There’s a donation link on his site I think… there’s a PayPal link at the beginning of the forum for elk herd.

3 Likes

Thanks!

bump
latest details of elk herd.
please READ the info.

yes - its a little complicated and relies on the correct firmware… but it’s worth reading… i’m very sure the question ‘you’ are considering posting has probably been answered.

3 Likes

Read What info? What latest details on elkherd?

also went digging and didn’t see anything since dec2022~

Out of curiosity, do you know if it was ever compatible with the Analog Four mk2?
It just says:
“incompatible: Analog Four 1.51C
but I’m not sure if that’s because of the device or just the firmware.

Mk1 and mk2 use the same firmware. Elk herd only worked for DT.

2 Likes

Right, I was just wondering if the A4 was ever compatible at all, wondering if there’s hope! There’s no mention of the A4, only the Digitakt and Rytm are for some reason.

Because it’s mainly a sample manager :wink:

Would indeed have been useful for all Elektrons though

2 Likes