Elektronauts Hiphop Beat Battle #15: Into The Sunset— Morricone edition

Hello everyone and welcome to battle 15.

This time round myself and @1-2 have decided we’re going to pay tribute to one of the great modern composers, Ennio Morricone
He’s composed everything from cop movies to love stories and more…

Your task in this battle is to make a beat out of any track or tracks from his Wild West soundtracks
You can use as many or as few tracks as you like to make your beat and if you want to use sound effects or dialogue, or both, from the movies that’s ok too.

I’ve supplied a playlist… but that’s the tip of the iceberg, you’re welcome to source your own Morricone soundtrack if you wish.

1: Using multiple different Morricone soundtracks is fine just please make sure they are of the Wild West variety.

2: Drums can be from any source

3: Bass samples and synths are fine but no other virtual instruments.

4: NO FULL ACAPELLAS

You can however use vocal snippets from acapellas for scratches chorus’s or breakdowns
This also includes singing vocal snippets from any source.

We’ll give plenty of time to submit so let’s say the final day for submission is
Tuesday 1st of November and we will have a quick vote after that.

Maximum beat length as we aren’t using full vocals will be 2:30

There will be three votes as per past battles and the ultimate winner will ride off into the sunset to set up battle 16

If sourcing your own tracks from your own collection or YouTube etc to use please don’t post them here or it may become obvious who did which beat when we vote.
But of course we all want to know what you used when the voting is done

Any questions feel free to ask and I hope you’re all happy with that :slightly_smiling_face:

Let’s go!

29 Likes

I should have pointed out….

Send beat to myself by message but not before the 28th of October so I can gather them all in one go, submitting on the final day is of course fine
and if someone can clue me in on the method for uploading to Elektron Soundcloud I would greatly appreciate it

2 Likes

@polarfox
@monquixote
@philippas
@Leptic
@1-2
@Symian
@Blasted_pingin
@rennweg
@surfacescan
@xyzer

Oh man, I can finally sample my Morricone collection!

4 Likes

@Penz413
@emadb
@Jedilicious
@waftlord
@Roman01
@Chef_capes
@onlyjust
@rnzr
@Synu
@looms

@Claid
@infovore
@tinara
@eerieacid
@PineappleDave
@Sleepyhead
@Dheurt
@PeteSasqwax
@CCMP
@simonbradford

2 Likes

@FNKSTRNG
@LyingDalai
@Maisin
@Boxymusic
@NeonMelk
@Affectionate-Bee-781
@new_drugs
@Kpucski
@sezare56
@TheGhostCat

1 Like

@drrumble
@Doug
@rockpapergoat
@DimensionsTomorrow
@Kuro
@Le_filou
@sleepside
@Phallas
@malus_mons
@proskynesis

I love this idea!

1 Like

4 Likes

Ok, ok, I should submit something on this. Stop using the OT as an excuse and slacking around.

3 Likes

Do you mean synths can be only be used for bass and not for leads / harmony?

2 Likes

That’s right, The thinking was just to give an easy way for people to get some low end in their track without searching for something on the soundtracks to filter and use.

But there’s nothing to stop you sampling a string or whatever from the soundtrack and processing to your taste and creating a lead

2 Likes

Oh yeah, I’m in!

2 Likes

clear, thanks!

1 Like

Gonna check my collection :+1:

1 Like

Wow, that was quick! I have to admit I am not familiar with the source material at all, so that’s going to be educational :sunglasses:

Thanks for hosting, I am going to try to participate again!

1 Like

Hope you do.
You’ll find everything from dramatic strings orchestra stabs, twangy guitars, ghostly vocals and multiple open parts to use on most of his stuff so I hope you enjoy the discovery of the artist also

1 Like

Great concept guys… will start digging for this!

1 Like

Dope we can use vinyles :wink:

1 Like