Elektronauts Hiphop Beat Battle #15: Into The Sunset— Morricone edition

In addition to YouTube or any other medium to source your Ennio samples, Using your own vinyls will give you extra Wanted Bounty points.

1 Like

12 Likes

Great opportunity to collect some new samples along the way.

1 Like

I must say, those watch chimes from a few dollars more, if played with an orchestra would sound a bit like Darth Vaders theme

1 Like

Arg I found my vinyls, I don’t have any Ennio Morricone soundtrack.
I had a rare royalty free music vinyl by Ennio Morricone, gave it to a friend.

Anyway thanks, it was a good occasion to take them out of the attic. (no sure of translation, correction welcome).

1 Like

Translation is good, buddy. :slightly_smiling_face:

I have the opposite problem, I do have Morricone vinyl but temporarily no turntable available with which to sample it.
So I’ll be doing all my soundtrack searching online.

1 Like

DIY? :content:

2 Likes

Ah I knew I had one Morricone Western music vinyl. In my friend’s place, a bit too far to go to search it…

That’s mine.

4 Likes

Well that was fun :slight_smile: Hope you found the link to my track Yabba?

1 Like

That was quick haha.
I did get your message, thanks mate and I haven’t downloaded it.
I did request not to send me any beats until the 28th at the earliest.
So just to be in the safe side, I would appreciate it if you could resend it again after the 28th or I might miss it and it might not get included.

You never know, you might decide you wanna make changes to it before then. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Ofcourse, thanks for letting me know!

1 Like

Participate👍

1 Like

Lets go!

6 Likes

Welcome Wanthang, are you gonna use the model?
i go with this one
Google Photos

2 Likes

Haha I just made a beat from a song from this soundtrack as well… it was on the morricone compilation lp I have.

I’ll probably end up with some more options cause there’s lots of great samples. I also found a sample I am dying to use but it’s not from a western so I’ll just keep that one for another time.

1 Like

my bad, i didn’t see that it has to come to a western soundtrack :fearful:

1 Like

I also didn’t notice that. I’m not sure I’m in. I went through some of his soundtrack work and found something I liked but it’s from something else.

1 Like

haha… same here. i almost wholesale lifted a baseline from something else of his, but it’s not from a western.

i will cook up something in the style, though. it’s been a challenge so far.

Well, maybe @Yabba will allow us to use the term western loosely. According to logic and some imagination the west could be anywhere depending of were you’re located and how far you travel… following that train of thought british romcoms could be described as westerns from a mainland europe perspective… :stuck_out_tongue:

:grinning: well it’s specifically the cowboy movies we should be using, so I recon we should probably stick to that as it wouldn’t be fair on those that are sticking to it.
I wrote it it rule point number 1: :joy:

There’s plenty of time anyway, nearly two weeks so I’m sure you can all make something else that you might even prefer

1 Like