Hip-Hop Beat Battle #19 Loosely rock themed

Yeah I think you could be right I was listening on headphones on loud volume at the time so nobody would probably notice.

I think you notice all sorts of flaws in your own mix that nobody else does

1 Like

@Yabba I had some clicks too, and they somewhat disappear after playing the arrangement/song all the way through and looping. Idk if you’ve already tried this, but it might slightly help if you’re on an Elektron (OT in my case). If you go into the AED of all of your samples and on the SRC page of the waveform zoom all the way on both vertical/horizontal Zooms and then nudge your Start Time by 1-5 then hit Yes to Set Start Here. It kind of cleans up sloppy hitting samples too/loose time stretch to my ears, but YMMV. That being said, I still have clicks but they disappear when the drums are in play… which sucks on the sample solos lol :man_shrugging:

Also, just found out that you could copy/paste/erase single pages on the sequencer after watching a Ricky Tinez vid, but he kind of rushes through the video so felt really good to catch that and I thought it might benefit someone else because it saved me a lot of time instead of copying trigs like a caveman with spider fingers.

1 Like

Cheers fella :slightly_smiling_face:
I’m on Digitakt myself so can’t really zoom after the fact.
The strange thing as I mentioned is that the clicks are only there if I play two particular tracks together, but neither click if individually soloed.

Who knows, I haven’t played my beat for like a week so maybe I won’t notice it myself when I sit to finalise it on friday :joy:

1 Like

Ahh right on my bad did not know that wasn’t possible on Digitakt! It could be any number of things just trying to share some recent discoveries :man_scientist:

Yeah it’s a weird occurence, but not uncommon, and it can be annoying trying to pinpoint things in the mix. Idk if you have a bass sample going at the same time, but those and kicks tend to click/pop my other samples. Could just be a low-qual rip version of the track too lol idk man, honestly throwing the whole kitchen sink at you, and not trying to cause worry.

Good luck over there, and hope it ends up being just a late-night overthought. That vid is great btw lmao :beers:

1 Like

I’m not gonna make it this month, time poor and sleep deprived right now so the music is on the back burner… looking forward to all the subs though :+1:

5 Likes

10 Likes

5 Likes

Hello, @Doug
Unfortunatly i am out of the race…for this one
Good luck to everyone !

2 Likes

I got some solid loops down. Just need to arrange and record. Got a great feeling about this one! Pretty sure that feeling won’t last once I hear everyone else’s stuff but :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

The deadline is today right? Did more people already submit something?

1 Like

I didn’t have time to make anything. I didn’t even listen the samples. Sorry too busy, I 'll pass.

2 Likes

I did earlier today. Hope there will be a many beats as samples posted :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

I’ve got 9 submissions. So that’s 10 with mine. Everyone has until midnight my time. I’m in California so that should be later for everyone else. And I’ll be downloading and compiling things tomorrow so if you wind up getting it in early Monday morning, you’re still good.

9 Likes

10 is already a good competition. The more the better though… lets go guys!

6 Likes

Got my sources, an outline, and a hook I like, but me still scambling to finish in the next 12 hrs:
tumblr_mnydh5zjt11sutmfto2_400.gif

6 Likes

Good luck to all you last minute mandalorians!

6 Likes

I talked all that shit and then didn’t submit. I got a few hours left though, so I’m gonna cook. Ugh.

Edit: Well, I got something in about 45 minutes before the deadline. Not my best work but I like it. I talked a bunch of shit because I felt that I could back it up, but I wish I had spent more time cooking instead of trying to rush something together. Ah well. At least I got something submitted.

9 Likes

Hey, I’m downloading everyone’s stuff. I’ve dm’ed a few people just now to resend their file. So if y’all can get back to me that would be great.

6 Likes

Just curious - did anyone put together a playlist of all the youtube full length rock songs in this battle? I wanna go back and listen

Next battle is up!

7 Likes