Elektronauts Hip Hop Battle #20 - 007 Edition

Man does it suck they only put out one LP. That whole album is off the chain.

7 Likes

thanks for putting this together @Unifono!

007 also brings me back to my youth. i remember thinking 007 was basically the coolest, suavest dude in the world and was convinced adopting some of his mannerisms were guaranteed to get me girls in kindergarten. roger moore was my james bond, since i hadn’t seen any of the previous actors. unfortunately, i had no game at 5 years old. that didn’t stop me from trying, though.

here’s a bond joint:

and here’s a break:

we’ll see how this goes. it’s not been easy making time for beat making with family, work, and home obligations lately.

6 Likes

Nice one. I really enjoyed the James Bond movies when I was a kid, especially the ones with Sean Connery.
Gold Finger is one of my favourite:

And thre break, starting at 1:07

Good luck!

6 Likes

Bond song:

And some drums I played

6 Likes

I’m not really a break memorizer but I know where this one is from.

2 Likes

Billy Squire?

1 Like

I’m in it like :squid::octopus::sweat_drops:🪷

Could I propose one addendum to the rules?

It would be good if bond film dialogue samples were permissible.

3 Likes

thanks, I really like the idea. I‘ll add it to the rules

3 Likes

That’s it! :clap:

@Unifono can the beat be any length or is it 2:30?

1 Like

any length

007 would be a bit short :grimacing:

2 Likes

Awesome theme! I am probably skipping this one as we are going on a family holiday, but i might try to put something together before that.

Good luck all!

1 Like

Main sample

Drums

clean drum break starts @ 2:14

Adding this also in order to avoid sharing the same drums from a previous challenge
(thanks @Unifono for allowing that)

I forgot how many 007 movies were made :exploding_head:

3 Likes

Bond:

Break:

3 Likes

Would it be okay to change or add another drum break? Vaguely remember seeing the Blackbyrds one I posted on another thread the more I look at the cover, and it was a random pick in the moment. Not trying to provide “stale” samples :upside_down_face:

you can change it :slightly_smiling_face:
if anyone already used it, it’s ok to keep it in the beat…

1 Like

I usually don’t watch Bond movies. But i liked some of the Connery ones as a kid. Might have to try some of the newer ones.

The song:

The break:

4 Likes

Getting the christmas edition of the Radio Times when I was a wee guy was exciting cause you got to trawl through it to see what Bond films were on that year… Short on time just now but can’t pass this one up.

Bond:

Break:

4 Likes

Hello !
Sample :slight_smile:

Drums:

:

3 Likes