Elektron might be cooking something up for the Octatrack

Love 16 tracks too…

9 Likes

I like what they’re doing here: letting the art and artists speak for it. No staged photo ops, no nice lighting…just the jams.

Even it is “merely” a 10th anniversary, I’m still excited for what’s to come.

1 Like

Agreed… yeah, that last Instagram post jam was very good as well.

Always excited for what’s next! Not to say what’s current isn’t exciting either. OT is a consistent player in all of my tracks.

memories

2 Likes

The Monolith from Space Odysse 2001 has arrived! :pray::pray::pray:

2 Likes

We should make a challenge with just this sample and everything the OT got on board!

1 Like

They will do an OS update and integrate Max4Live. So anyone can program their own extensions and they can focus on their other instruments!

:joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

This exact challenge was already done in 2014, and the reason I joined this forum :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

@Andreas_R

Here you go!

Every sound made from that sample:
https://m.soundcloud.com/daren-ager/octatrack-darenager-pursuits

2 Likes

@mikkel_zen made a playlist of all the tracks here:

5 Likes

looks like Elektron have really upped their hype game for the OT mk3…

19 Likes

I doesn’t need buttons, knobs or a fader. You just waggle a bone at it and it generates Ligeti syle tone clusters, perfectly realised except for annoying little ‘clicks’ at the start…

11 Likes

Same for me. What was the price?

@Zillamatic used an Analog Rytm, and selected an Analog Keys as their prize. (Winner got a pick of any machine)

The well deserved winning entry:

Original thread: Science Lab Challenge, February 2015

8 Likes

Yes. Let us dream for a bit. Then wake up annoyed realising it really was just a 10 year celebration and nothing else :laughing:

Instead of simply an MKIII, the new OT will apparently be called Kyrie (written always in italic)… and will stand and be used only in a vertical position…

Elektron Octatrack Kyrie

2 Likes

IIRC the looping device in question is Machinedrum.
Finally found it!

Summary

Https://youtu.be/Y74vdIl4R8c

https://youtu.be/tZF2w9aU32U

2 Likes

Uh I own several pieces from both companies. If someone makes what I needs and it does what it’s supposed to do then that’s what I’ll be using.

Shhh :face_with_hand_over_mouth: We’re not meant to be talking about a simple looping device :rofl:

The first rule.

:laughing:

3 Likes