Elektron might be cooking something up for the Octatrack

I’m scared of phones.

1 Like

I understand, that’s sooo 2010, right? Oh wait…

:wink:

IIRC there are all black overlays for the OT.
Looks really good without any prints actually.

Can’t find them, tho…

Might be the cremecaffe one, tho I can’t find any pictures of it.

1 Like

How do I find overlays for the mk2? I was trying but could only find mk1 ones.

Yeah, I thought it was Cremacaffe, too!

@nivviri these two companies have overlays:

Cremacaffe

Styleflip

2 Likes

I haven’t had time to go through the whole thread… is there any actual indication that Elektron are releasing anything new?

1 Like

Nope.

1 Like

OK seriously, where can I get that skin?

1 Like

Nope, but empirically, irrespective of what :3lektron: do/don’t, we know for certain that in time there will be …

• Death
  • Taxes
  • Disappointed Elektronista, come what may

:tongue:

16 Likes

Shaman Boogers?

They have posted another clip on Instagram :grinning:
It’s fun to speculate. I think curiosity and imagination are my biggest influencers in music!
Logically though, its a 10 year anniversary celebration.

3 Likes

The paranoiac in me just shuddered at the thought that it might be less a celebration and more of a fond farewell. But then I always have been a sad old cynic…

(see, this is why I’m not allowed at parties)

16 Likes

Oh no its a thought

The Elektron goodbye song
2 Likes

If it’s a bye bye OT thing I do need to get a second mk2 asap 🥸

6 Likes

Me too. Maybe that’s been the plan all along (there’s that sad old cynic again). :crazy_face:

3 Likes

If they end up doing a murdered out black edition, I’d love to snag a grey one. Feels like I’m the only one that loves that warm shade of grey they picked. Best looking elektron imo.

14 Likes

Sometimes it is time to start something fresh with the knowledge you’ve built up without being hamstrung by the technical debt created from developing that knowledge.

My guess is that they are saying a fond farewell, and have a new sampler coming sometime in the next year or so.

I believe that the Octatrack is a music cultural icon, so if you are on the fence, still get one, just realize that it has some “crustiness” to it, especially if you are used to DT/DN. Approach it like you would any classic sampler.

2 Likes

2018-10-19 13.17.15

2 Likes