Elektron might be cooking something up for the Octatrack

This might be a waste of time, but if you hadn’t noticed, Elektron started posting old Octatrack videos on Instagram, possibly hinting at something new. Maybe there’s a chance…

Or they’ll just paint it black and call it a day because they’re afraid to touch the software. 'Cause you know. The rest of OT topics here.

Do you think it’s just a throwback celebration or is Elektron cooking something up?

11 Likes

You would hope that even if it was just a “lick of paint” anniversary release that it shows ongoing support for the machine and signals that it isn’t going to get shelved any time soon. For a product to keep going for that long is quite rare, as far as I can tell, so if it’s popular and continues to be good business for Elektron then that’s great for them and us.

8 Likes

i figured it was a 10th anniversary thing? (assuming it first came out in 2010?)

2 Likes

Mr Cortini “one of the most revolutionary instruments of the last 20 years”

Word.

27 Likes

If the OT gets a paint job to fit the rest of the line and is accompanied by an OS update that finally gives us BPM per Pattern I´m all up for it.

9 Likes

One thing’s for sure…

25 Likes

BPM per project forced me to compose everything in 120 :smiley: :smiley:

1 Like

I saw that too. I don’t think the two videos - esp Cortini raving about it - is some random fluke. Something is coming…

The very least would be a 10th anniversary commemoration.

But OB is stable, they haven’t come out with a new box since DN, this is…if I recall correctly…usually the time NAMM teasers begin…

Could be…

2 Likes

:joy:

I´m so used to BPM per pattern with the DT & DN which I had long before the OT and most of my projects have different BPM´s per pattern so that I can´t really incorporate the OT with older projects. Real bummer.

In that same interview (if we’re both talking about the delightful two-parter by Sonic State’s Nick Batt) Cortini also says he could make a whole album just on the Octatrack.

4 Likes

You can use the Arranger for BPM per pattern…

But I agree it’s not the same.

8 Likes

It is true, I did it.

For me Octatrack is by far the best Elektron, which is high praise given how great the other stablemates are, its genius.

14 Likes

Not even close. And would be quite the opposite of my current workflow.

2 Likes

Or send clock & transport from one of the boxes that have bpm per pattern to OT.

Yeah Direct Jump with different pattern lengths/BPM has been my go to means of composing recently.

I feel bad for saying this but when I reach for my OT with this is mind I do kind of feel I’m using old tech.

1 Like

Man, speculation threads make me feel bloated after trying to get a PS5 with the help of the website NowInStock.

2 Likes

Why do you need it so desperately? A genre?

I thought about that as well but since the OT is supposed to be the brain of my setup it kind of contradicts its purpose. It´s almost there since the arranger offers that option and IIRC the dev team also wants to implement this. Just a question of when I hope.

1 Like

Because I combine my favorite patterns into one project for live shows.

4 Likes

Yeah, and that is:

OT users will be very happy.
© Red Means Recording

(as they always do when they finally mastered the machine)

6 Likes