Electra one - programmable midi (CC, SysEx, NRPN) controller

Hey guys!
I will quietly leave here a link for a cool (yet not known) controller that is gonna be released by a small, independent project (not my project to be clear). It’s basically a customizable controller for synth programming and live performance able to send CC, SysEx, NRPN, having a USB host and midi routing capabilities, and some other cool features. I think that you might find it useful for your gear…
https://electra.one/

2 Likes

also mentioned in here: Midi controller for OT

:+1: good - no faders (unless motorised and touch sensitive). Rotaries FTW

12 hardware knobs and touchscreen lets you see up to 36 simultaneous synth parameters.

I’ve pondered what MIDI controller I might eventually want to use for quick adjustment of multiple parameters on my Zoia, Eventide H9, and maybe even iPad apps at the same time. This might be the ticket.

Sorry folks, I did do a previous search and somehow I didn’t find it.

You can go on-line and use/try their editor right now.

Hint: You Drag the controls onto the page you want to have a controller on.

It will be helpful when/if there is a complete library of lots more devices. I mean you can make your own but it s nice to see what others do for a specific device too.

Not sure yet how well this compares with competitive or similar products. Price is higher, but you get a lot for the money. The NRPN and SysEx functionality is nice to have.

There is a video for the editor here.

Some firmware updates

• We have increased the number of pages to 12, this gives you 432 controls in one preset. It means we have doubled the original capacity!
  • Users may now store up to 12 easy to access presets in Electra’s internal storage.
  • Electra can send SysEx messages that are composed of more than one parameter. This overcomes problems of older synths that have multiple parameters squeezed in a single SysEx byte. An extreme example of this is that Electra can compose and transfer the whole SysEx patch dump on a change of a single parameter. Our Crumar BIT99 preset is a perfect example of that.
1 Like