Electra one - programmable midi (CC, SysEx, NRPN) controller

Hey, I have to say I really like it ! Easy to grasp and really powerfull !

I miss a few features here and there, most notably the ability to send multiple messages at once/successively but this will hopefully be sorted with macros, at least sort of.
I would also like the ability to change control’s channels and function afterhand, that will speed up the building workflow.

But, I tried tons of midi controllers and I never managed to remember what the control were for each patch so having everything grouped/named is a game changer for me at least !
It actually gave my midihub a nice interface ! Midi routing on the fly etc…
It controls my digitone mutes and op enveloppes on 4 channels simultaneously…

Just absolute control blast !

Can’t wait for the new controls to become avaliable !

Thanks for the work you put on along the developpers @thetechnobear !

5 Likes

yeah, i was looking very seriously at the EC4, but was concerned at the 4 characters being meaningful enough … sure, its fine when you initially create the setup, and then a few days/weeks later… but after that its going to be cryptic.

as you say, with this screen., we have space for headers and meaninful names - so the preset functions are pretty clear/transparent. similarly the way we can have ‘enumerated’ values - e.g. oscillator type rather than just numbers.

new controls are very useful, im already using the ‘pads’ and ‘scrollable lists’ which I think are new (?) … which reminds me, must try the vertical faders as a mixer for octatrack levels.
( the new types all work in the firmware, I think they are just waiting to be put into the editor)

great to hear you are finding it useful too.

1 Like

Just ordered mine, to be honest I was focusing on the Faderfox EC4, and uptil now I never heard of the Electra One. But I was stunned by the demos and the specs. Can’t wait to get my smaller boxes like DSI Mopho and Moog Sirin alive again. And MicroMonsta 2 and Töörö on the way on their way. Nice times coming up, I hope…
Also, to make some kind of ‘performance page’ will definitely be great (most important parameters of different synths on one page, is top of my list.

Just curious if someone is already using the electra one to control an eventide h9 or if there is already a preset available for it. Anyone?

You can go to Electra One website, there is a forum with customer shared presets :wink:
H9 won’t be the most difficult device to Map. Not much parameters to set.

Great controller ! Didn’t know it.
It is exactly what I was waiting for years. Except a lack of a bit more encoders and a ribbon or a joystick (or both :yum:), it seems perfect. I want to try one !

I know, there is no preset for the H9 there, hence my question. :slight_smile:

Ok :smile:

I already control mine with a midi fighter twister. Quick and easy settings with 12 parameters : 10 knobs, active/bypass, hotknob. That’s it. You can add looper command to.

1 Like

I’m in !

Received it today ! Tomorrow first run with it. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Received mine today, really fast shipping.

Solid crafted, nice device, 1st impression positive.

5 Likes

So far I love it.

Why?

1 Like

Great build quality, easy to program, different setup choices, presets per device or controlling different devices in the same preset, or combination of these. At the moment i use it to control synths without screens or with a lot of secondary functions and with fx like specular tempus. And looks like Martins support is epic.

4 Likes

Thanks, will have a look @ it!

I second that ! Martin is so reliable and nice. He’s made of the same steal as Mathias (Faderfox) or Samuel (Audiothingies) or Denis (Oto Machines). People who cares about their customers.

Electra One is offering a lot right now and it is not finish because lot of features are coming.

3 Likes

I am really happy I bought it, actually I have always been kinda waiting for something like this.

Sold my Faderfox EC4 now as the Electra One does everything (better).

So far I used it to control my Pioneer AS-1 all weekend (template ready for download) and had a great time with it.
The editor via Google Chrome seems to work great, but I have not done any own templates yet.

It is a real nice piece of hardware, not cheap built at all.

The overall concept is well thought out and I am really curious what updates in the future will bring. I won’t go into details what I would wish, but I hope we get some smart, additional features. But for now I am really happy as it is…, keeper :wink:

Some, not the best, pictures to look at as there are none posted here so far :wink:

Unknown-2

Unknown-1

images

8 Likes

Just ordered one. Gonna use it to control the uad console software as well as the octatrack from the other side of the room.

I got it Monday, set it up yesterday, and it’s definitely exceeded my expectations. It feels like a solid piece of gear and is very easy to setup and get going, although the setup is pretty tedious.

4 Likes

Damn it, this looks awesome! Build quality looks stellar on top of being able to program Sysex as a control type? This is on the wish list for sure!

I’ll just say that I had some issues with connectivity when I got mine last week, and the other day Martin (the developer) spent over an hour with me on chat during his evening (and my morning) to get things sorted out. He’s a really nice guy who cares about his product and its users. I highly recommend to anyone reading this thread and thinking about a purchase. Plus I’ll second Bemo that it’s a very solid machine and has a ton of features.

7 Likes