Midi controller for OT

Looks really cool!
No unnecessary stuff, endless rotary encoders, a compact format that fits right next to the OT and - most importantly - a display to show parameter names! Great :wink:

• Bidirectional communication

• 16 setups each with 16 groups of each 16 encoders…a total of 4096 encoders you can name each setup, group and encoder with 4 characters

• Around 300 € incl. VAT

1 Like

I think you are thinking of the new, yet to be released croaktact. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That was in my list, does it work well then?

[quote=“xXOXx, post:266, topic:1119”]
Looks nice but announced since 2017…[/quote]

I’ve been speaking with them and they were finishing the documentation and expecting to release it at the end of summer.

2 Likes

I’m building myself a 16n fader bank. Hoping it works well for track fading on the octa, and I’ve got ideas for the extra CV as well [analog heat, and system-1m]

The scene transition method for fading into tracks gets really complicated. For me at least… :frowning: but love sampling and resampling my live feeds, so need something… always a work in progress haha

Electra One for Elektron perhaps ?

1 Like

Have you tried the 16n with OT yet? I’m just learning my OT basics, but I would like to use my 16n for track volume as well.

Not yet! I have it all built up, just need to figure out to flash the firmware. And I need to find the right sized screws (i messed up when I did the parts order and didn’t order them when I ordered the other parts.) I’ll let u know how it works! I’m also attempting to add a 0-coast back into the equation and I imagine the CVs will be fun :slight_smile:

1 Like

How would the 16n work for volume controls? I thought each fader needs a different midi channel; not sure the 16n can do that.

Pretty sure it can do it, editable. Otherwise it would be useless for midi.

You can assign midi channels to each fader or group of faders in the config file. Haven’t tried it yet, but in theory this will work. Also, I imagine, if a guy really got into it you could program all sorts of interesting bahavior as the controller is using a teensy. If I ever get time I was thinking of programming up an LFO or two… looks like a powerful device, a bit in the geeky side admittedly :-):grinning:

2 Likes

Arduino based, you should be able to make a step arpeggiator too!

1 Like

Does the new Faderfox EC4 really either shows parameter names, or numerical values or values as bar graph in the display?

I know I can switch between those with dedicated buttons above the display, but…
Parameter name + parameter value is just crucial information.

Hope I missed smt in thr manual.

agreed.

LED rings around the encoders to display values could have been a nice option for simultaneous label / value display when the screen is only displaying the labels.

and I think not outside the price range of the device.

Damn…this thing needs LED rings indeed.
It actually seemed to be the controller I’ve been waiting for, but without having value and parameter name displayed simultaneously, I’d rather get a Midi Fighter Twister and deal with scribble strips, overlays etc…

like bcr2000?

hello i just bought FaderFox MX12. It works great I am happy with it, but need now more knobs… Is the PC12 the only thing I ve got to add? Any ideas?
Thanks.

PC12, UC44 and PC44 and you should be ok…

I just said I choose MX12 instead of UC44 which seems to be the old version of MX12
So maybe a PC44 could be interesting, but to find it, that’s another thing )) But still the same PC12 seems to have replaced PC44…

1 Like

I meant take the 3! :smile:
PC12 seems logical for sure.
You have OT+A4 MKI?