DT bug reports - OS 1.02

I’m on 1.02 as well and sequencing to Waldorf mQ. No crashes like everyone else reports. I troubleshoot for a living (network transport) and I understand how frustrating it is, especially if you can’t replicate.

have to say i’m really happy with my digitakt, i come from MPC world… yeah theres a few kinks but this is gonna be super dope when the few bugs are sorted…

Only bug i’m noticing is when I have a pattern & swap the samples they don’t trigger from the sequence they just go silent, this typically with track one.

Anyone else having this one? If so all good, i’m sure these dudes are working on it!

peace …

Matt

Thanks for the update! :thup:

I may be wrong, but don’t the DT pages work the opposite of the other boxes? On my OT, AK, And AR you set pattern length track by track (if wanted). On the DT, today I hit a snag when:
I started with 16/16, selected per track length
recorded trigs on T1 16/16
recorded trigs on T8 64/64 using Live record. Started Live recording and noticed it looping at 16.
Quadruple checked it all- same result.

I had to make pattern length 64/64 before switching it to individual lengths and then I could access longer patterns.

Is this a bug or merely a new way of doing things?

I guess I’ve kinda just gotten used to the little quirks between silver/OT/analog boxes.

I only recently remembered that you can adjust the knob sensitivity on the MnM due to the wonkyness of the DT encoders.

Is anyone else having screen freakouts when trying to adjust sample start/end points graphically? Mine only shows a flat waveform when zoomed in. And even then it’s confusing.

I had this yesterday. More Worryingly as when I turned the power off and on again the power did not come back on. I had to do 2 more power cycles before it flickered into life. This happens again and it’s going back to elektron.

As Simon said we have quite a good understanding about the crashes, but I’ll send you a PM and invite you over anyway neighbour :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Hey Matt - you’re probably swapping the samples “up” the RAM list - the first slot (0) is always off. If you swap them “down” the list it should work.

If nothing else, we can swap stories and share coffee :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Sorry to hear you got the same trouble. When it happened the first time and i could not turn it back on i thought that it is fried. 5 min ago i tried to make a kit and got the error three times in a row.
For now the machine is just not usable. Let´s hope for a quick and reliable update. This sounds pretty good:

1 Like

Sorry if it has been reported before, but it seems that you can’t P-lock the track’s volume (the master volume, accessible from the Level/Data knob). Everytime I try to do it, the DT would say “Lock Mem Full!”, even on a new pattern with nothing recorded on it.
Happens on every tracks.

1 Like

Same but the digitakt doesnt boot anymore. Did you had to wait after the hard crash ? What did you do ?

Mine isnt booting anymore after a crash. Not sure what i can do hehe
Waiting 5 minutes every time is painfull.
Update is coming thho sooo

Try a couple more times. More people had that issue.

Yes but it did power up but now there is lot of ground noise. Couldnt hear it before but now it’s kinda loud.
Weirdly i doesnt rec anything in but when i disconnect the cable inputted it stops

i don’t think this is a bug. you can’t p lock track level on any elektron machine.

1 Like

yeh the bug here is just that it says “lock mem full” when trying which doesn’t make a lot of sense…
On A4/AR you use this gesture to access sound locks (sounds from the sound project sound pool locked to steps).
DT has no sound pool so either this should do nothing, or could be used to do some future things in the future.

2 Likes

11 posts were split to a new topic: Problem with MD response to MIDI note messages

Not sure if it’s a bug but it takes up to 10 seconds sometimes to save even a small sample like a hi-hat.

Is this how it’s behaving with everyone else’s? My firmware is up to date.

1 Like

I have noticed a long pause after submitting the sample filename and before the “assign to track” step appears, even for small samples as well.

1 Like