Pointless

Pointless

What precisely are you trying to achieve?

The screenshot from Logic shows that it is receiving two MIDI note messages from the DT: C2 on channel 13 (velocity = 100) and G#-1 on channel 1 (velocity = 100). (The two messages with velocity 0 are the corresponding note off messages.)

Troubleshooting steps:

• Temporarily make sure that you are not sending note trigs on other tracks in the DT.

• Have you reassigned the MD’s default mapping in its Global settings?

• If you program the note numbers (36 to 62) that correspond to those in the MD’s default MIDI map, do the correct note numbers appear in Logic’s MIDI monitor?

• If you connect the DT directly to the MD, does the problem persist?

• Temporarily make sure that you are not sending note trigs on other tracks in the DT.
    i only have one track on being used for MIDI on the DT

• Have you reassigned the MD’s default mapping in its Global settings?
    i erased all MIDI mapping on the MD to test before posting my issue or image

• If you program the note numbers (36 to 62) that correspond to those in the MD’s default MIDI map, do the correct note numbers appear in Logic’s MIDI monitor?
    no…i have to go up one octave on the DT to get the correct values to show in Logic for the MD

• If you connect the DT directly to the MD, does the problem persist?
    im only connected to the MD. i wont use any MIDI routing right now as it will crash. and no USB.

thanks for the suggestions. tried all those before i posted…im stumped.

So if you send MIDI note number 38 (“D3”) on channel 13 from the DT’s MIDI sequencer track to the MIDI monitor in Logic, does the MIDI monitor show the messages “13 D2 100” then “13 D2 0”?

If not, what messages does it show?

[quote=“PeterHanes, post:291, topic:40302, full:true”]nd MIDI note number 38 (“D3”) on channel 13 from the DT’s MIDI sequencer track to the MIDI monitor in Logic, does the MIDI monitor show the messages “13 D2 100” then “13 D2 0”?

If not, what messages does it show?
[/quote]

D3 on Digitakt = D2 in Logic.

so heres an interesting thing…D3 on the Digitakt is DEC 38, D2 on the Machinedrum is 38 :confused:
when i use D3 on the Digitakt to get to D2 on the it triggers pattern no. D14

i also have program change filtered [off] on the MD.

Then the DT is sending the correct MIDI note messages.

If you are using the MD’s default MIDI mapping, that message from the DT should trigger the MD’s track 2.

That is not the MD’s default MIDI mapping. Check again whether you are using a custom MIDI map on the MD.

well…i have the track on the Digitakt set to trigger D3. yet it transmits D2.
i have wiped mapping from the Machinedrum. ive even manually set the mapping…it still triggers pattern D14

ADDING…

AH FUCK…so…i musta been screwing around last night. i just manually set track 1 and 2 on the the MD to recieve C2 and D2…it werks

shit im sorry man. k thats fixed. too many bugs at the same time. too bad D2 on the DIgi isnt the same and D2 on the MD.

thanks for opening my eyes

1 Like

Ignore the difference in labels; it’s just a different naming convention. The note number (for example, 38) is what’s important and it appears to be transmitting correctly. The MD is the issue here.

1 Like

hey man THANKS again for your help…i feel MUCH better about stuff. i cant BELIEVE i made that mistake.
so amature ha ha ha ha. CONDITIONAL TRIGS on the MD

1 Like