DT bug reports - OS 1.02

Hey.

Don’t know if it’s a bug (but it’s kinda strange). Don’t know if this has been reported either.
Well, anyway, when you Shift + Export, you got the Export/Import sound menu.
You can exit by pressing any other key, like the Source menu or Amp.
Then, if you try to press the Export/Import button but without the Shift, you get the Import/Export menu, while you expect the Pattern Menu (as you don’t press Shift in the same time).

Tried to search the manual, couldn’t find anything about it. I thought it was a bug. Dunno.

Something else I wanted to talk about, too: when you browse the +Drive for sounds, if you’re in Chromatic Mode, you can actually play these sounds. The thing is: it takes the current parameters of the reverb. So, if you try a sound which has a lot of reverb send, and if the decay of the reverb on the current pattern is quite high, it will keep sounding, even if you try another sample. Is there a way to just stop the reverb while you browse, or simply disable the reverb when you try the stored sounds on the fly? Cause there’s no way to stop it afterwards, and it’s a problem if you try to get the right sound.

Don’t know if I’m clear, please tell me.

Hey,

I can confirm the first bug.

Press Pattern, Enters pattern menu.
Press No or SRC, exit pattern menu.
Press Func + Pattern/importExport, Enter Sounds Menu.
Press No or SRC exit Sounds menu.
Press Pattern(No Func), Enter Sounds menu. <- unexpected. Expected Patterns menu.
Press No to exit Sounds Menu and enter pattern menu

As for the second item, if you double-tap the stop button, it cuts off all sounds.

Yeah, I know about the double tap of Stop button.

But I meant that it would actually be better, while you’re browsing sounds, not having them superimposed because of the reverb’s long tail (especially if you try to browse them fast).
So, I don’t know if this precise case wasn’t considered or so, but for instance, cut off all sound when you try to listen to another one. That would improve user experience a lot, I think.

Because double-tapping the Stop button everytime you triggered a sound that lasts is kinda repetitive.

answered above. IMP/EXP is a submenu of the Pattern menu so you need to press NO to get back. yeah i know.

1 Like

You deserve a paycheck from Elektron.

1 Like

ok thats weird as my global mutes are not being restored at all

Same!

Man, you’re like the Pokemon champ of bug hunting. You’re really catching them all.

It gets me thinking, this kind of remote testing might just be the way to go for Elektron. Make it a closed but official beta. Send out a batch of hundred machines or so to the regular user, not only endorsed musicians or other pros Elektron have a relationship with, but the ordinary user that just bangs on the machine in ways their test labs never predicted. Mix it up with pro users down to your average amateur.

If they don’t want the logistics, keep it local. There’s enough people around their HQ to warrant a beta crowd, though I think the logistics of shipping these things around would be worth it.

Let’s just say the Digitakt wasn’t out yet. We’re all in beta mode. We have these machines, cause we’re beta testers.

There’d be no hassle, no endless threads on release policy or communication strategies, no debates on whether to hold off purchase or return the unit. Just solid, fun beta testing, where a crash is a treat rather than a nuisance, cause you’re helping out.

Man, it’s the exact same situation - but just before launch, instead of after.

Doesn’t that sound beautiful?

3 Likes

I’ve had no crashes at all, even when trimming samples and sequencing midi, but after connecting to my minilogue yesterday global mute mode seems to have stopped working altogether and trig 7 won’t respond. Thankfully it’s only in that pattern, but it was the first beat I made and so far one of the best.

1 Like

have you checked whether track 7 is muted in pattern mute mode?

All trigs can be toggled in pattern mute mode. In global mode none of the mutes respond, nor when accessing quick mutes.

I just tested and this is the case across the whole project – makes sense, being global. Other projects are fine so NBD I guess.

No “Sounds” in my unit either unless I’m confusing them with Samples which I doubt based on this description in manual:

When performing a factory reset on the Digitakt, it will overwrite and re-initialize the active RAM project (in- cluding all pattern, sound pool and global data). The +Drive project slot 1 will be overwritten and re-initialized with factory preset patterns, sounds and settings. Sound bank A will be overwritten with the factory sounds.

Do you have LFO enabled to modulate the sounds PLUS manual modulation? That might cause an issue. OR if the LFO type / configuration is not set to modulate through the entire key press. Just throwing stuff out there, sorry if it’s already been checked.

The DT is buggy responding to midi right now. OS 1.02 did not fix it.

Three crashes in one hour. All of them midi related.

I can’t use this thing for now. I’m putting it away until the next update.

2 Likes

@olle or anyone else at Elektron - I live next door to you. I can come over with my unit, hook it up to your debug gear and replicate these issues, if it’s of value. If so, PM me. I’m only happy to help.

3 Likes

Sorry for the silence. We’re all pretty swamped.

We have a good understanding of the MIDI related crashes and are working on fixing them ASAP. The sample loading related crashes looks to have been fixed already.

28 Likes

Yes it’s nice to hear from them! Now all we need to do is to figure out how to enable verbose output on Simon :wink:

2 Likes

I think the first item is quite intentional: those global menus retain your “location” when you exit them by going to some other screen (other menu, or a sound parameter page). Hitting the menu button again simply brings it back to where you where rather than “restart from the top” each time.

This is useful if you need/want to jump out to the playing sequence and do something, while you are menu diving - you can jump back and keep diving. Setting up MIDI channels is an example of where this is quite useful.

Thanks for the heads up. Crunch time sucks for devs. Make sure they get some rest every now and again.

6 Likes