DT bug reports - OS 1.02

Oh OK, good to know. So I’ll keep on doing it on the amp page then. Thanks!

Yea it takes a minimum of 10 seconds for mine in any situation. Have never had a sampler that took so long to save

i don’t like text. i want acoustic feedback, like an annoying computer alert sound every time i make a mistake :wink:

i am hoping for the future things in the future

1 Like

Sorry if someone has already asked this…

I keep seeing videos of the Digitakt with the sequencer buttons lighting up in purple when a pattern is playing. I have never seen purple on my machine. When a pattern plays my buttons remain unlit. Holding down function to do mutes makes them green. Not really a biggie but wondering why my pads don’t light up when a pattern is playing.

for global Mutes
Press function + 2x bank

edit: thats pattern Mute

1 Like

Purple indicates you are in pattern mute not global mute. In pattern mute, the mutes only exist within the current pattern. To access this mode press function and hold function then press track twice.

3 Likes

thats strange, mine is saving instantly. is the machine running, while you are doing this?

did you already try with a freshly switched on machine, no midi / usb attached, new project?
i see you are bug hunting on more than one side - thats sometimes a bit difficult.

I keep a small paintbrush near by.
Gets nicely between knobs an buttons.

3 Likes

I don’t think samples can included with firmware updates - the filesize would be very large. So your directories are completely empty? No incoming or recorded folders either?

Same exact problem here

Mine also doing this. Yet not every time a sample is saved. Intermittent

Ran into the following last night:

Assigned single cycle waveform samples to T1-T4 and tuned them individually, used CTRL-ALL on various reverb/delay parameters. Then wanted to tweaking sends for the individual tracks but changes didn’t take effect. Has anybody experienced this?

Read somewhere that you cant backup the unit? And that if you upgrade you’ll loose all your projects. Is this true?

Still running 1.01 atm without any problems. Dont feel like losing the tunes i made.

Im not in the stu for a few days so cant try backing up.

No way to backup currently, but upgrading does not delete existing projects.

3 Likes

Is USB connected, even if totally idle? If so, are you using the came that came with the DT? I had trouble like this using my existing USB cables, and it went away when I used the supplied one. Crazy, I know! :dizzy_face:

Discovered a little bug today.

• Started a new project
  • Preset samples loaded to project as per usual
  • Started working on a pattern by clearing the default track sounds
  • SRC (waveform view) shows the sample waveforms for the preset samples. I start scrolling down to add samples to the project. Rather than showing no/empty waveforms it shows random waveforms for all empty sample slots even though no samples are loaded.

Weird :stuck_out_tongue:

Found a display bug:

In the sampling window, when using direct recording, it’s recording. After hitting YES, the waveform is displayed. If you hit FUNC + NO to discard the recording, and then hit direct recording again (without exiting the sampling window), the previous waveform goes back on the display, and the new one prints over it. However, the recording is good, and when you hit YES to stop the recorder, the correct waveform is displayed after normalize.

I just submitted a ticket for this but I’m putting it here just in case. I haven’t read thru ALL of the messages in this post because it’s a lo.

Also, I’m new to the Elektron world. First machine I get from them (and first piece of gear I buy in like 5 years… been on music hiatus but hopefully I’m back).

HI

Ticket submission message below:

Issue:
note
Not sure if the update has anything to do with it or not because I did not try this before updating.

So I made this pattern, and I was messing around with global effects and also the parameters of individual tracks (in this case a hi hat) and suddenly the beat stopped playing as if it had gotten to an “end” (but theres is no end because it’s supposed to loop. The effect I was using was the filter (frequency & resonance). I tried hitting “play” again but it did not play. I switched to my other patters (A02) and it was still there and playing properly. So then I switched back to patters A01 (the affected one) and the steps where back in there.

So for some reason the steps disappeared and then reappeared. Very odd.

So now after a solid week of flawless performance… im getting Exception R0009 when loading samples and random freezes again. The random freezes happen when playing a patter, and the pattern keeps going, but all the knobs and screen are not responsive.
This making the machine basically unusable.
Side note… after the R0009 Exception I turn the machine off and it takes about 5 tries to turn it on to get it to booth up.