Drum n' Bass Battle #5 (Resurrection...also, Found Sounds) [SUBMISSIONS CLOSED]

I got a few unfinished tracks using Maschine 2 and 3.

2 Likes

You are a music production student? That’s sound cool!

2 Likes

I will be next fall.

I’m in the middle of a semester learning Digital Media Design, and I am so done being an art student. I already earned an Associates in Fine Arts, and most my art professors have been hostile. I thing they got bitter from compromising to be teachers instead of just artists.

Their reasoning is that they want to make the experience like what it is in the real world, where it’s hyper competitive.

Meanwhile, I just want to have fun making art.

1 Like

Cheers, I don’t want to discourage anyone else. But here’s my approach to this challenge - I’ll be limiting myself to one sampler (Digitakt) and one synth. The only sounds I’ll be using in the sampler will be from the piece of found sound and I can augment that with any of the breaks that have been submitted for Hip-Hop Challenge 20 or one-shot drum hits.

Just need to get some boring real life stuff sorted over the next few days so I can focus on this and the hip-hop challenge.

1 Like

No this is great. If anyone want to add this restriction or something similar, just mention it whenever.

Also, if anyone is producing for both the hip hop and the DnB challenge, you can use whatever samples you want, even the Double 0 samples.

The found sounds is just a guideline, you don’t even need to follow the prompt.

It may not get the votes though, if people decide to judge based on the prompt, but it’s not really about the votes!

This challenge is meant to be interpreted and interacted as the person sees fit, with as little input from me as possible. I’ll add any track just so we can all listen, and more importantly, share how it was made after the reveal.

1 Like

Here is a little sum sum for the BiWeekly Extravanganza

Check it out if you get the chance!

1 Like

Yeah, I really enjoy that part and I usually get a few ideas to use and/or expand for future tracks when I read what people did and re-listen to their tunes.

1 Like

I didn’t understand the rules. Do we have to submit a sound of nature to participate ? And use the sound of someone else ?

1 Like

Nope. Just make a track and submit.

Might be nice to include your source after the reveal though.

This challenge is light on the rules.

1 Like

Bumpin the thread with a techno jam with the SubH and the TR8S

Gets real good after 3:30

And Another One

1 Like

Here is another production tool… This video is great for Logic users… it has some shortcuts that really open up some possibilities…

2 Likes

Making steady progress on my track, though I suspect it’ll end up more jungle/idm than DnB. Had a dream last night about what I might be able to do with one particular sample, I’m hoping that I can pull it off. If not, it’ll at least be a fun challenge.

1 Like

Dont worry about the genre… all is welcome! It can be electro if you want… you just might not get the votes with hardliners.

I cant wait to hear it!

2 Likes

And i just finished up my track for the Hip Hop challange, so I can buckle down and start my new intro…

Its weird how i produce music… im getting way better, but I still dont perfect my tracks… its always just get them completed… very rarely can I go back to working on them once I work on them for a session.

5 Likes

Killer break and tune.

1 Like

Jings… I just realised the deadline for this one is Wednesday. I’ve got some ideas but not actually started yet as I was caught up in finishing the 007 hip-hop challenge after it’s deadline was extended. Will get some time later today to get a start and see if I can make some quick progress… otherwise I fear I may just run out of time on this one. I’ll give it a crack though… :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Just do your best. I’m sure it will come out better than you think!

1 Like

Won’t be able to put an entry this time due to life stuff happening. Keen to hear everyone’s entries though

1 Like

Not gonna make this one I’m afraid, shame as I loved the theme. Good luck to everyone submitting their music and I look forward to hearing it :raised_hands:

1 Like