Drum n' Bass Battle #1 (Get Animated) New Compilation Mix by DJ Enzyme!

Thank you for all who participated!

It’s time for the voting to begin.

If you submitted a track, please post who is your top three, and I will add up the votes.

#1 is @braken
#2 is @ramcmdr
#3 is @Symian

Once I get everyones vote, I’ll post the results and reveal the tracks with thumbnails from the animation it was sourced from and the Artist.

You had to have submitted a track to vote, but if you want to leave feedback in general, keep it nice and fun.

The next battle will be announced after the Hip Hop battle is over, and we will do everything just as before, but with a brand new theme. And its gonna be another fun one!

27 Likes

@arinev
@basti_bochum
@braken
@bwo
@charlol
@Claid
@dhunterrr
@DrOrthogonal
@FNKSTRNG
@KingDuppy

1 Like

@LoomieDarko
@Maisin
@MichalHo
@monquixote
@proskynesis
@ramcmdr
@sasquatchfuzz
@Sherelle
@Symian
@TRAINTRACS

1 Like

@Vague_versatile
@1-2

1 Like

Superb, will listen asap, it’s great that there’s so many submissions :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Meanwhile, I had the epiphany just now that i could have cheated by sampling Daft Punk or the Gorillaz since they used animation in thier music videos, plus added some Kanye as the hook…

Oh well, too late for that.

2 Likes

Ha yeah, I thought about gorillaz and dp videos too, but didn’t go that route. I figured music where the animation came first instead of after was more appropriate.

So much animated stuff to pick from, it’s great.

Gorillaz were an animated band from the beginning though so that fits well.

Maybe could have used tank girl as well

1 Like

This is the way.

Yeah I thought about how far I could push the rules too but decided to stick closely to the brief, I must say on my first pass through the playlist I’m really impressed with the standard of what’s been submitted, definitely some beat envy going on in places which is a good thing, well done you lot :+1:

1 Like

Are 2a, 2b, and 2c from the same person? If someone voted for more than one of those tracks, would that person get multiple points?

2 Likes

I think it is. BLKrbbt made the rules very loose and allowed for multiple entries I think.

Whoever 2 is did a good job making them sound different though, noce and dreamy on a, cool dark and eerie on b, and drunken funky on c

2 Likes

Yeah I also wondered what was going down with that, I’d say if you wanna vote for any of them pick your favourite of the 3 and vote for that one…

2 Likes

If it is the same person that’s almost like a nice little ep in here

I agree. Only 1 of 2 makes sense, If you pick any of the 3 of 2 it’s like multiple chances for a vote, it could also split your votes if different people ended up liking different ones

1 Like

You guys got it… It was the way I also saved them to the folder before posting them…

I’m not sure how it will go down until I see the votes

Worst case scenario is that people try to “Game” the battle by submitting multiple entries, which ultimately just gets us more great Drum and Bass.

1 Like

I’m only part way through my first listen, but wow really great stuff in here. You all killed it. Very nice

think of this as more of a “Whose Line Is It Anyways” type of scoring… where the points don’t really matter…

We are all the actual winners because we get to all share music with each other.

But for real… there will be One winner at the end of this.

This is a good call… but don’t worry about it too much, I’ll make an executive decision if it gets close.

Just vote whichever ones you think are bangers, Even if its the same person.

1 Like

Ok wow! These are much more and stronger songs than I expected!
Voting is really tough. My totally objective critiques (not): 1. I got the “Animation theme feeling”, 2. I like the song as a whole.

In best ESC manner … 12 points from Germany go to:

#1: 18
#2: 23
#3: 4

But for real, there’s not a single track I don’t enjoy!

2 Likes

Yeah, surely it’s a track that will win, and therefore the person that made that track.

So a person doesn’t get ‘multiple votes’. Rather, a person’s tracks compete against each other, just as they do against all the other tracks.

1 Like

That is a beautiful way saying it.

1 Like

I’m going to need to put some serious time aside to decide who to award points to, but having a little click around the Soundcloud there is some absolutely superb stuff in this list.

Huge respect to everyone who dropped a beat in this competition.

2 Likes