Digitone over Overbridge disconnect

Did we ever find a solution for this - I’m having this problem and it’s super annoying. Basically makes using Overbridge a no go.

3 Likes

Gonna spam the same thing in this thread as well…

Shut down OB engine, open OB control panel and go to settings, clear logs, then enable logging…if its not enabled…

Re start OB engine, start your DAW sessions and wait for it to drop out…

Right after the drop out, stop your DAW session, exit your DAW, close OB engine and go back to OB control panel settings and compress logs…

Open a ticket with support and attach logs…with an explanation of what is happening…

Devs don’t read your posts here and this would be the best way to get them the data they need to fix it… the more users that do this, the more data they have, the sooner it will be fixed…

I know its frustrating, but the way is the way…it will be more worth your time than posting here, and if we all do it through the correct channels our collective efforts will expedite a resolution…

1 Like

That is just too much concentrated logical reason for me to accept.

M.u.s.t. c.o.m.p.l.a.i.n o.n. s.o.m.e.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: as you were…

Same here, using the latest DT/DN/OB versions on a Win10 system in Nuendo 11, together with OverHub.

Suddenly and without any observable system, the OB-engine looses the DT/DN connection.

Anyone had a breakthrough with this issue? I’ve just installed the latest overbridge and the latest digitone OS. I’ve also plugged the digitone directly into the computer and not the overhub. Still getting drop outs regularly.

Had the same issue and it’s working great since I plugged it thru an amazonbasics usb hub.

Good instructions.

Actually after following this my RYTM has stopped disconnecting… so far.
If it does disconnect again I’ll send the logs.

Perhaps shutting down and restarting the Overbridge Engine fixed it. Which makes me think I need to stop just putting my PC to sleep, and instead properly shut it down between studio sessions. That way everything has a chance to reset itself on reboot of the PC.

In the past I have had problems with other USB devices -USB audio interfaces - having problems when waking the PC from sleep. It seems some USB connections get screwed up in the sleep process.
But my Steinberg UR44C doesn’t have this problem so I stopped worrying about it.

BTW, the Elektronauts forum is the best forum I have ever encountered.
It’s really useable. The long history of one thread over years is genius.

As far as I can tell, this is still an issue since the latest updates to overbridge v2.0.60 and Digitone v1.31 and Rytm Mk1 v1.61B.

Can someone please confirm that Digitone/Rytm still disconnects while using Overbridge since the latest updates?

1 Like

It’s gotten a lot better but yes there are still occasional drops. It’s suspected that it’s possibly a usb communication issue and not software related. I imagine they’re looking into it as they’re well aware of it by now. the problem I’ve always come across is some days I won’t ever experience it others it happens in like 10 minutes it’s so random that I can’t reliably reproduce the issue and get a proper set of logs/steps to isolate it.

1 Like

It still happens within 20-40 seconds for me everytime.
This is only a problem on my MBP, not my Windows machine.

Digitone / Ableton 10 / Windows 10 :
i’m still losing sync systematically within various time span but on the "good side ", i have no more audio drop outs with the latest update.

My digitone swowie the Heat also have to be restarted constantly during the process, while the Rytm MK1 and Four MK1 are stable and never had to be restarted … I gave up on finding a solution.

You have described exactly what I am experiencing with the DT.
Sound randomly stops but midi is fine. No need to restart the machine or the DT. I fix it by stopping the OB engine and then restarting it and it works again. Very frustrating. Just when i thought I had got my head around other issues I was having.

Seems a lot of DT and DN users are having this issue too!

Latest version of Windows 10 here. DT latest version and OB latest version.

Sadly I am also having this issue on mac. Any ideas?

Add one DN user on Windows having the same issue. Pretty exasperated with it.

1 Like

Taking an old topic up, I still have the same problems you all discribed.
I’m on all latest updates and using an overhub but still experiencing this on my digitone, ARmk2 and A4mk2.

Hope someone finally has a fix!

+1 here, Digitakt and Digitone (current OSs) regularly losing audio/MIDI connection with Logic 10.6.3 (Catalina 10.15.7) when using Overbridge (current version). Only ways to re-connect are by restarting the device, or turning off->on the Overbridge function in “Setup”.

When using LPX’s “External Instrument” plugin, MIDI and audio are rock solid (using Audio/MIDI over USB). With Digitone, this is a sufficient workflow for me, but not being able to separately record the Digitakt tracks kinda defeats its purpose in my setup.

I tried several hubs, USB ports (2 & 3) and USB cables, but to no avail. I was almost ready to pull the trigger on an Overhub (even though I strongly feel that a 5-port hub with 12mb/s for 59 EUR is stretching it quite a bit), but that doesn’t seem to solve the problem either according to various fora.

Would love to hear if somebody found a fix or that Elektron is aware of the issue.

If there are multiple platforms having this issue, and if one platform even is mac (which is way less diverse than the Windows PC side of things) , I think I’d rule anything other the the DN itself. So I’d think all of our units are faulty. Also because multiple of my PCs had this problem.
So sending it in seems like my only option now.