Digitone over Overbridge disconnect

Hey fellow Elektronauts,
I am experiencing random disconnects of my Digitone when using the Overbridge Plugin in Ableton. I also have a AR MKI connected which does not show this behaviour.
The disconnect happens after what feels like a random amount of time and I can not force this behaviour. And already checked multiple USB ports and cables.
Does somebody know if this is a known bug or if my device is faulty?

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

EDIT: Digitone OS 1.21 and OB Version 2.0.35.4. The Problem exists not just with this DT OS and OB Version. It is like this for multiple releases of both

EDIT2: Also happens with the standalone app

4 Likes

I have started to use, or rather try to use, the Digitone with Overbridge very recently and have had this problem almost every day. The sound stops randomly and comes back randomly, too. Sometimes, it glitches but doesn’t stop. I know it’s a beta but it has been a beta for over a century now, right? :smiley:

1 Like

It is happening to me too :frowning:

1 Like

Hi guys, same here, the sound just stop and go randomly. this happens only with the latest version of overbridge that i installed, the 2.0.35.4 if i recall correctly. Anyone knows what to do? :frowning:

1 Like

Somehow just using USB 2.0 Ports improved stability.

1 Like

I have the same problem. I’m using usb 3. I’ll try 2 tomorrow.

I have same problem my Digiton or my MK four, sudden no sound and goes to fault statues. :frowning:

I’m having this problem too with my AR MKII and DIgitone, and it happens simultaneously with both. Only reconnects if I unplug and replug USB. I’m on one of the newer MBAs so limited to a dongle with USB3 for now.

Same here, using the Overbridge Plugin for the Digitone in Ableton 10 on a Win10 maschine. Everything works just fine, until it radomly stops.

Same issue here with Digitone Keys. I’ve tried both USB 2.0 and 3 slots.

Im Logic 10.5 now but this problem has been happening to me for a while. Digitone randomly Disconnects while using Overbridge. Only way to get it to reconnect it to turn it off and on again. I get an error message saying there has been a fault communicating with the digitone.

Been having this problem as well. Digitone and Digitakt in Reaper, suddenly no sound and clock from the DAW isn’t recognized.

Seems this only happens when I have both DT and DN running as I had the DT going for a good couple of hours with no issue last night.

You sure it’s not power plan setting suspending usb to save power?

Yeah, definitely not that :confused:

The power saving mechanism wouldn’t stop a device which is actively streaming data (audio). It just stops idle devices.

He never said he was streaming audio when it happened.

same here :confused:
DN 1.30A
OB 2.0.39.10

It also happens to me although not very often
DN 1.21 OB 2.0.37.3

Same here, since the OB “update”
Good to see Elektron paying attention to this !

yeah got the same issue.
Using DN with OB. Got 2 midi tracks in Ableton sending midi to DN, but sometimes the DN stops randomly recieving midi data. The connectivity stills works, as I trigger notes on the DN itself. DN still streams audio, but can get midi from ableton.
How does this compare to your issues?
Midi does not work, but audio still streams. Any suggestions?