Digitone over Overbridge disconnect

New year, same problem.

I donā€™t use OB very often but also had this problem when I have done, But I also get it on the MPC occasionally and think itā€™s actually the USB socket when a cable plugged into it gets knocked in my case. It probably needs resoldering.

Having this Problem also. OB 2.0.60.2 and Digitone OS 1.31 .
It runs and somehow it just isnā€™t reacting to stop anymore.
Sometimes I stop Ableton to do something elseā€¦after a while Digitone just freezes and needs a restart. No cable-problem as it happens also when keeping Digitone untouched.
I never had any problems like so with my A4 MK1 or Rhythm MK1.

Similar issue on Digitakt in Bitwig, I was wondering whether it was because Iā€™m sending a bunch of additional modulation through the overbridge plugin, but it seems to be the same issue. Loses connection and the project tempo reverts to 120bpm, no longer responds to transport from the DAW.

The good news is that normally going in to settings and switching to usb over midi and then back to overbridge mode normally fixes it and generally if it launches in time I get long enough to record whatever I need to - fix would be nice though.

Mac Big Sur 11.6.1, latest versions of Bitwig and overbridge.

Hi,
Same problem for the last two years with Digitakt + Overbridge and Ableton.
Ableton is my master clock and transport control. After a while/randomly the digitakt disconnects.

Audio can be still passing through overbridge/USB (sometimes it stops too), but no more trigger/clock/transport control from the DAW. A start/stop/reset in the DAW doesnā€™t do anything. I have to stop + start the Digitakt, or change + put back in place the USB connection mode in settings.

The problem is here since the beginning of overbridge for the Digitakt, it was also happening with the beta firmware. Upgrading overbridge reduces the frequency of this issue but it doesnā€™t solve it.

Iā€™ve had this same issue with the digitone using overbridge in Reaper. Now I donā€™t even use overbridge, Reaper has a plug-in called Rea-insert that lets you send and receive midi/audio from external gear and also compensates for any latency and itā€™s 100% more reliable than overbridge.

But then you only have the stereomix. Iā€™d use OB only for the multitrack feature tbh but thatā€™s sadly not possible

Very true, cos Iā€™m used to rendering a track at a time with the model:samples doing the same with the Digitone doesnā€™t really bother me. I guess it depends on if you absolutely need the multitrack or not if the Rea-insert method will work for you.

After I made an Elektron support ticket about this issue, they sent me a beta firmware without the issue, but only when youā€™re not using the plugin (so you need to have DN as your soundcard to get multi-track). You may create a ticket as well. I think they are working on the matter but do not succeed completely thatā€™s why weā€™re still waiting for the next firmware since the DT one.

2 Likes

I tested the new 1.32 Firmware for a short while. Seems to be a lot more stable. Couldnā€™t test it for a longer period of time yet, but Iā€™m pretty hopeful.

1 Like

I have just updated the A4 and the AR MK2 following the upgrade published yesterday by Elektron concerning these dropout problems. Indeed it seems more stable but I had a stall on the AR after 40 minā€¦

Yeah also had my first disconnect yesterday. But all in all it seems more stable

Started using OB again like a month ago ,because I wanted to use the inputs from my sound card to record my other synths

First had to upgrade OB to the latest version, went without any problem.

Nor my Dn or DT gives drop outs or loses sync

Everything working perfectly!

Imac 2020 big sur, cubase 11 pro, Audio interface: clarett thunderbolt, midi interface: Motu midi xt

DN and DT connected thru IMac via powered usb hub

1 Like