Digitone over Overbridge disconnect

This appears to happen, when I control the DNs settings (like in my case I control the ADSR settings) via my Korg nanoKONTROL.

Still the same Problem. This time I used only USB 2.0 Ports still no luck.
And I still donā€™t see a pattern. I just randomly stops working. A lot of times the Digitone freezes. Only a Power Cycle is able to bring it back. So OB is still completely unusable for me.

Firmware DN: 1.30A
Firmaware AR: 1.50A
OB: 2.0.93.10

1 Like

Same here.

I started to mess again with Overbridge two weeks ago (After going complet in the ā€˜only Hardwareā€™ direction for the last two years). SO Iā€™ve set the channels in Ableton Live 10 up with my RYTM and DN. Only Audio stream so I can edit my recordings afterwards.
Running the whole show on a Surface Book 2 (Intel Core i7 - 8650U / 16GB RAM / Win 10 2004)

It all worked well till three days ago. There were some drop outs on one USB-Port every now and then.
By now there is no connection at all on any of the USB-Ports.
Donā€™t know what to do. Itā€™s a shame I was hyper motivated on bringing new tracks in order. And now. nothing works anymore. Oh wellā€¦

Has anyone already submitted a support ticket? Or found a workaround for this problem?

AR and DN running both the latest Firmware.
So is OB up to Date (2.0.41)

Submitted a ticket and got an answer to try the obvious things. Now waiting for an answer again (for over 2 weeks now). I also linked this thread in my reply. Hope this gets some attention since I am obviously not the only one experiencing this problem. (I think more tickets wouldnā€™t be so bad, so Elektron sees itā€™s a problem concerning not just me)

Best regards :slight_smile:

Well, after some experimenting, Iā€™ve purchased the Overhub thing. And, believe it or not, itā€™s working flawlessly. Been testing it for a day now, no probs at all. Audiostreaming, no hickups, no losing connections etc.

Dunno whats behind it but this might be a solution. Of course Elektron has to sort things out, and Iā€™m sure the will, cuz not everybody wants to by an overhub.

I often have the digitakt and digitone lose syncā€¦ the analogs never seem to drop out

Many thanks for the message! I didnā€™t take the USB hub from Electron, but just used any one I had left. And now it works for me again. I hope it stays that way. I am still looking forward to the new patch.

1 Like

Just want to add that i also experience random drop outs since 1 or 2 firmware updates ago (i think it actually started when overbridge went ā€˜stableā€™)

I have a Rytm MK2, Digitakt, Digitone. Either one or several of them randomly disconnect, replugging the USB connection helped.

I even bought an Overhub to connnect them directly to their own iMac USB port but it still occured. Tried different Overbridge Control Panel latency/buffer settings with no change.

Most often it happens when ā€œsomethingā€ happens on the USB bus, e.g. i connect/disconnect another synth.

Think it started happening the next update after the offical version, Iā€™ve talked to support and so have others, so they are aware of it. We can only hope for an update that can fix it

2 Likes

Any progress in this issue,? i experience the same problems sometime on the digitone

Electron support wants me to send it my DN to test if itā€™s faulty.
Today I tested the whole setup again with a different computer.
At first I had high hopes because the connection seemed stable at first, but after a few minutes of having fun, the audio glitches, unresponsiveness and disconnects happened again. (newest Firmware/OB Version).
When Iā€™ve found the will to send it in and have results Iā€™ll let you know

Happening here too. I had a Digitakt in the past which worked flawlessly with the same configuration. The digitone works for a copule of minutes and then stops. Firmware and Overbridge are up to the last version.

I tried three different hubs, 2 different usb cables and itā€™s still the same.

I am on Macbook Pro 13 2018 running 10.14.6. The usb hub is connected to a Caldigit TS3 Plus which connects to the mac via Thunderbolt 3.

Same here. Whether I use the overhub or go straight into the computer doesnā€™t matter, it still loses connection after a few minutes. Highly frustrating.

Ableton and iMac running 10.13.6.

Have you had any news back yet?

Stores are closed -.-

Same! Both with DTone & DTaktā€¦canĀ“t tell if it started with the updates for the machines or OB - itĀ“s very frustrating!

Hi I downgraded from big sur and have the same issue. Its very frustrating since i configured whole live setup with DT & Overbridge and analog synths. As far as i know, they beta-testing OB for big sur and hope in new version this problem will be fixed (because its obvious a software problem)

Hi, I discovered that this bug with random audio dropouts only appears when I use digitone as audio mix output (I use all 12 channels from the overbridge). I tried default mac 3.5 and audiointerface output and everything seems to work fine.

Going to throw my issue here as well, happens with my DT and sometimes the AH too. Using an Overhub, with 5V adapter just in case, and latest FW and OB2. It happens really often. With this track iā€™m working on now, it seems to happen more often the more I jam with it.

Note: You donā€™t have to unplug the USB, I go into USB CFG and switch OB on and off.

Surely that points to a bug within OB2 then?

Also: This is specifically on audio sends from the machines to Ableton. The DT still receives and sends MIDI, itā€™s just the audio that totally dies. Switching OB on and off fixes it everytime.

1 Like

Adding the same issue on my side :

Windows 10 / Ableton 10 / Latest OB
Digitone directly plugged in my one of my laptopā€™s USB port.
Model:Samples going to Digitoneā€™s Audio Inputs and linked via midi to the DN

-Sound shut down (ā€¦and sometimes comeback) in random timelapses, but it happens every sessions, sometimes after 20 minutes, sometimes about an hour.

And the same behaviour :