Digitone is now shipping

No offense whatsoever, but I feel like I’ve heard that one from you a few times already… :rofl:
To me I’m going to interpret it as “I really like what I have right now” with no stipulation towards future gear purchases/trades. . :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

I agree I like these two boxes so much that I’m building a matrixbrute similar setup adding the keystep as a all in one unit.

1 Like

I’m doing the same :grin:
Looking at stands for the DN+DT that have room for Keystep cables underneath

Cool! I think it will look sharp being able to have it all in one box and be able to tilt the boxes in three different positions.

Oh so you are going to hand build an actual case that pivots, that is awesome. Tag me when you post pictures, I want to see that one!
Only downside is the KS is wider than the DT+DN combo.

Mate you crack me up.
One of the best jokes I’ve heard all year :joy:

3 Likes

I feel you- I’ve probably said that before.

The thing is, with THIS acquisition- I don’t feel that heavy dopamine rush. like with other arrivals of new gear.

It’s just a calm acknowledgement of all of my necessary boxes being checked

The KS is 19" and the 2 boxes are 17" but using 1/2" frame around the boxes and 1/2" space on both side for the pivot hardware before the outside frame will be 19", this will work.

1 Like

Nice, I would love to give that setup a whirl, seems great…
It’s more of a fun game to observe and comment on people’s activities, I’m not holding anything to anyone or judging. It’s just a story for me and your one of the characters in the novel, and I like to have fun with it… :slight_smile:

1 Like

I know, bro. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I thought you would but I always want to make sure, I’m a sensitive Elektronaut… :joy:

2 Likes

If memory serves, I believe you shared that video in the mega-Heat teaser thread :smiley:

1 Like

Funny how GAS works. When the Digitone was first announced, I wasn’t all that interested. But then peeps started putting out nice-sounding demos and tracks. Then the consistent reports about it being conducive to making music quickly, and good sounding music at that.

The polyphony thread (aka “austerity”) has been a fun one, but I’m actually thinking of dumping two high-polyphony workstations for a Digitone-Abysss-TR8S setup.

5 Likes

I’m also finding my DN+AR MKII combo freakin awesome :star_struck:
I’m making an IDM track today that I can hopefully upload soon.

1 Like

Lastly I’ve been using mainly the Digitone on impro sessions.
Powerful bass/drones with excellent distorsion and Unisson, multilayered pads, percussions, arps… I can quickly shift from one sound to another. Really think “FM made easy” was reached with this one :slight_smile:

And I like how you enter chords, pretty convenient… This and the fact that you can also directly play chords with one note only.

Last session I’ve used it with Heat and Eventide Space, I had a lot of pleasure reaching quickly what I had in mind. But DN filters, distorsions and reverb are already pretty good !

I have sold PreenFM, Blofeld and Slim Phatty 3 months before Digitone appeared and I feel like DN covers the ways I’ve been using these three synths.

I’m extraordinarily happy with this instrument.
Form factor is ace for me.

Weirdly enough, I have found myself using INF release on one track and freely playing on top of it with another track more than once, first time I don’t systematically feel the need for a sequencer in an Elektron synth.

I wish there were a HOLD button and a random option for the arp, though.
But as is it’s already more than I had anticipated !

4 Likes

Wow! I just took this thing into similar territory that I took the Analog 4 into! Like- it sounds identical to some of the patches I made on the A4.

And the absolutely beautiful thing about Fm synthesis(for a person that doesn’t reallt know what they’re doing) turning just one of the parameter knobs ever so slightly will completely warp the sound into something different. (Something I always wanted to do on the A4 but, again, I can’t say I knew what I was doing)

2 Likes

6 posts were split to a new topic: Instrument cables

I love the Digitone so much. It’s just the most inspiring thing I’ve come across in years.

9 Likes

Same here. It’s a great collection of features. The operator group envelopes and cross fader are so fun to automate.
I could never make my AK sound this spooky.

3 Likes

Got mine today and first impressions are good. Looking forward to getting stuck in.

5 Likes